Is Asda at Handsworth the worst supermarket in Sheffield?

Don't forget that Tescos on Herries Road is only a small store, and basically there just for convenience food. I called in this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised at exactly what they had got on a Christmas Eve afternoon. Not much variety, which you'd expect for a small store, but all the basics. Think you must have caught them on a bad day.

Lol, Scoobz,

Unfortunately I've shopped in this Tesco nearly everyday for the past five years ( ok, so it can't be that bad.. but no car and a husband who works long hours, plus 2 small children= needs a must..). So, I can safley say, it wasn't a bad day, infact if the even had one loaf of bread it could probably be considered as a good day :D!!.

It's not just the empty shelves or the complete lack of professionalism from the staff.. or has anyone else noticed the 'Security guard'. He spends more time stacking the shelves and sorting out the trolleys than he does catching thieves :huh:.

I've never really had any problems at the Handsworth Asda.

Even the night before Christmas Eve at 10 pm when the shop was full the staff were filling up the shelves again.

And they did it in a much better manner than any Morrisons stores.

At Morrisons in Hillsborough once a member of staff forced me to jump in a freezer to avoid being hit by him as he was passing with a trolley.

The staff are more polite and friendly at the Asda store.

I went to Asda yesterday about half 4 and had no problems getting what i wanted (even managed to park ok).....I think at this time of year with some people stocking up til easter your going to have times in the day when the shelves are empty

morrisons is great

the one at ecclesfield is good, well stocked and cheap (the people are a bit grumpy mind); the one at meadowhead is always good and hardly any queueing

Where is this Asda of the full shelves? I want to go there instead of the one with gaping holes where produce should be. Is there another Asda lurking in Handsworth?

I think jellybellybean is dillussional too, the shelves are so mixed up, they run out of the simplest of things first thing, mind you there's always plenty of banana's. I only started this thread as a whinge but seeing from the reaction its obvious that something could be done there to make it better. I have shopped there since it opened and the decline has been over the last 2 years or so.

I have not had problems with the staff, but I have with customers. I visited the other day and the customers were mostly a bunch of ignorant ****s.

Nobody was saying excuse me, nor thank you when I moved out of their to let them pass, some wouldn't move when I was saying 'excuse me' and there were some little anlke biters running riot, knocking things over.

I have problems with the staff here.

I was in at today at Lunch time, all chekouts open, Big queues at each one.

So what do they do, insist on only giving you one carrier bag at at time.

Hence larger queues.

Customer server poor.

I would send all checkout operators to Morrisons at Catcliffe, so they can see how to do there job properly.

Speaking of Tesco staff...there's a couple at Tesco Extra in Chapeltown who seriously need a lesson in personal hygiene! I shudder at the thought of either of them handling any food I buy, I usually browse the chewing gum to make sure I get someone else! I feel so sorry for the other people working with them. Yuck.

This is a link to some of the corporate crimes committed by Wal-Mart/ASDA for anyone interested.

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/?query=wal-mart&lid=21&go=GO

There is of course much to debate, but anyone who shops at ASDA really should be aware of these issues.

ASDA is essentially owned by the Walton Family, the richest family in the world I believe....largely it seems because apart from one of them (Helen, now deceased), they don't like to give much of their money away or invest it in the safety, health and well-being of their staff, customers or the wider community. They lobby for personal tax cuts, use their corporate might to squeeze lower prices from suppliers, regardless of corners that then need to be cut, environmentally etc....

Their personal profit-motivation knows no bounds. Try googling 'Walton Family Truth' for a few insights.

The film 'Wal-Mart: The High Cost of the Low Price' is also very revealing although I'm sure (well, I hope) some improvements will have been made in the five years since that film was made.

I always find Co-Op and Netto stores to be some of the worse, though the Nettos seem to have improved recently especially their staff.

Both stores seem to have a policey of not opening more than one till until the queues are massive.

Give me Asda over any 24 hr Tesco any day! Asda Handsworth have never expected me to act as an unpaid checkout assistant for them - unlike Tesco. :rant:They have never refused me a refund on the spot after I have checked my receipt in store, due to a mistake on their own system, as "customer services are closed" - unlike Tesco. :o:rant: and they have never failed to have a single mobility scooter in operation as they had all not been charged - unlike at Tesco. At Tesco Abbeydale I was even expected to act as unpaid checkout assistant before 10 pm - that's why I haven't been back since. Tesco don't pay me, why should I be their checkout assistant? If they are too tight to have minimum staff on and customer service 24 hrs, then they should shut their doors - I'm amazed more people don't vote with their feet.