More grim news at Gilders!

Hmm right...I know this recession is widespread but are your points anything directly to do with Gilders

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for them at all! But this thread is getting me annoyed!

Edited by lauren84

Hmm right...I know this recession is widespread but are your points anything directly to do with Gilders

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for them at all! But this thread is getting me annoyed!

ah bless, no not really ............ just theres going to be lots of people "have" to take a pay cut soon

I agree with you Lauren. And its the lads (and ladies) who have already lost jobs at Gilders or who have had pay cuts i feel sorry for NOT Gary Scotting.

People also blame our new PM......all I know is that people in the know of the financial world knew this was coming at least 4 years ago............I was young back then. I bet everyone wished they had known too!

If we saw it coming 4 yrs ago the recession would have come earlier, we would have stopped spending

If we saw it coming 4 yrs ago the recession would have come earlier, we would have stopped spending

Hmm I have done a bit of back tracking...........:mad:

ah bless, no not really ............ just theres going to be lots of people "have" to take a pay cut soon

Hmm I know maybe some people will but can you explain your sarcasm?

I have never understood how a boom can be called a boom, when people are buying things they can't afford.

If I was to give £5000 to any person on this forum, and then ask it to be paid back at £3 per week, and then lent another £5000 to another person who could only afford to pay back the same amount.......... yes, I would sell lots of cars, however I'd be out of pocket.

Thats not the name of the game, to be in debt. A real boom, is where the country is producing things and then exporting it out to the world.

Guest sibon
A real boom, is where the country is producing things and then exporting it out to the world.

That is very true. Unfortunately, we stopped doing that in the mid 1980s and started relying upon becoming service industry led.

Hi, I had to register to post this as my partner reads the boards and told me about this thread.

I used to work for Gilders and feel it is being unfairly criticized here for doing something to help people keep their jobs in this time of economical crisis. I for one would choose staying at that company for 20% less (remember thats not permanent, that will rise again as soon as profits increase) over A) working somewhere else as I loved the place, how they treated the staff, the benefits and general working environment or B) being unemployed an having to live off benefits.

I really feel strongly that I must defend them, the MD is a very proper bloke an not one to try an squeeze money out of the company. He, in the past, has spent small fortunes on Christmas parties for the staff, made a point to know every member of staff personally and instigated many great training opportunities and personal and professional development. There was a scheme there that took on a number of trainee technicians (at a loss to the company) every year and they do amazing charity work. I could go on forever about it but just wanted to make the point that Im confident most staff members are obviously saddened by this news but would much rather that and the company survive than be made redundant and it go under, also that the MD isn't your average bloke at the top out to make money an **** the little people, he really isn't. I've worked for a few places an personally really feel for him and his family atm with the anxiety this must cause. Can't be easy to tell that many people they won't be able to treat themselves and their families at Christmas.

Sorry, not the best first post lol. erm...Merry xmas? :)

* I should point out I only left the company as I was pregnant and am now a stay at home mum for my 2 lovely children.

Oh also, in reference to the norton site, that was in the planning when I worked there 3 years ago and if we had seen this crisis coming I doubt it would have gone ahead. The other properties that will be sold (bannercross hils etc) should have brought in enough revenue to cover the wage decrease i would imagine but property like that will be worth nothing in this climate.

Looking back from last night's post I have to agree with TinkerTell's points. :)

The parties were amazing! :)

Got to look on the bright side. At least my little boy will spend an extra day with his daddy!!!