Has Sheffield lost its Touch for Christmas?

Is it me or doe's it feel pretty lame in town as far as Christmas is concerned, the money which the council spent on the new lights looks about the only thing they spent wisely as god knows how the old one's would have looked if they had to spend that much.

The only thing resembling anything remotley festive is the snowmen in the peace Gardens and that is literally it, i think people are getting fed up of the same old rides every school holidays.

What are your opinions?:rant:

i wish they did more in meadowhall i loved christmas when santa visited and they had the singing bears yeh they was lame and anouning but it felt christmasey (sorry about my spelling i need to learn)

i wish they did more in meadowhall i loved christmas when santa visited and they had the singing bears yeh they was lame and anouning but it felt christmasey (sorry about my spelling i need to learn)

Oh Ive just realised the dancing bears arent there this year, I thought something was missing!:o:D

Town is a bit disappointing, but it looks nice near the Town Hall.

I didn't think town was very festive this year.

No bands, carol singers or anything like that.

I was in town on the Sunday before Christmas and it could have been any other Sunday, nothing really special happening at all.

I know we are having a hard time, but things don't have to cost a lot of money to be special.

I didn't think town was very festive this year.

No bands, carol singers or anything like that.

I was in town on the Sunday before Christmas and it could have been any other Sunday, nothing really special happening at all.

I know we are having a hard time, but things don't have to cost a lot of money to be special.

"things don't have to cost a lot of money to be special.

" - too true !

Not sure why the German Market didn't return. Manchester's German Market has grown year on year, and now turns over around £50million in the 4 week period its on.

If only Sheffield Council had an amount of ambition..

Not sure why the German Market didn't return. Manchester's German Market has grown year on year, and now turns over around £50million in the 4 week period its on.

If only Sheffield Council had an amount of ambition..

The German Market in Manchester turned over £50m in the 4 weeks it was on. Do you imagine the good folk of Sheffield would be stupid enough to fork out that amount of money on sausages and beer? I don't think so.

Neither did the Mancs at the start, its something that needs to grow. People travel from all over the country to visit the Manchester markets at Christmas now.

I think the one last year outside Cole Brothers was pretty successful, it seemed quite busy every day, it was relatively cheap too.

Neither did the Mancs at the start, its something that needs to grow. People travel from all over the country to visit the Manchester markets at Christmas now.

I think the one last year outside Cole Brothers was pretty successful, it seemed quite busy every day, it was relatively cheap too.

Obviously not successful enough otherwise they would have applied for a trading licence over the Christmas period.

From what I heard, Cole Brothers VETO'd the application, as one was submitted.

Is it me or doe's it feel pretty lame in town as far as Christmas is concerned, the money which the council spent on the new lights looks about the only thing they spent wisely as god knows how the old one's would have looked if they had to spend that much.

The only thing resembling anything remotley festive is the snowmen in the peace Gardens and that is literally it, i think people are getting fed up of the same old rides every school holidays.

What are your opinions?:rant:

Near that vodka place off west street looked very nice. The rest of sheffield just looked drab.

I'd like to see old fashioned christmas stalls and random street acts ect.