Dirty people of Sheffield...

definately noticed this myself as im out and about for work, not only people spitting in the streets but what's really gross is when they can't be arsed to blow their noses and just snort it out evrywhere.

Aw Gawd:gag::gag: i hate that too - really makes me want to puke:gag:

:rant:Has anyone else noticed that people seem to be getting more and more unsanitary and unhygenic (sorry I can't spell very well)?

Recently when going into the city centre I have seen so many adults who cough without covering their mouths, sneeze without covering their faces, spit on the floor and leave the toilets without washing their hands. Those who are doing this, and others are not correcting their children if they do these things. It is disgusting and it really bothers me - there are some nasty bugs around which I don't want to catch, and I don't know how people with immunosupression cope with public transport.

Not to mention that all the spitting is a great way to spread illness like TB.

Has anyone else noticed all this or is it just me?:rant:

I think you'll find being too clean will only make u more prone to bugs more than someone who is a little more dirty than yourself.

These people are scum - absolute scum. The number of times I see blokes walk out of toilets without washing their hands is amazing. Vile filth. As for spitting, I'd happily see those filthy bezonians wiped out. They should all go and live elsewhere. They could create a new town somewhere called SCUMLAND. They're horrible. I want to sort them out. What can we, the decent citizens of Sheffield, do about the flotsam and jetsam of society? SOLUTIONS PLEASE?

Anyone would think they were radioactive or something. Talk about an over-reaction :rolleyes:

We, the decent citizens of Sheffield can simply accept that some people have lower standards of personal hygiene than others and get on with our lives.

You wanting to wipe out anyone not washing after using the WC is quite simply pathetic.

What about the kids who wipe there bogies on the bus seats

I read somewhere that dead bacteria from bogies is good for the immune system.

''eating the dry remains of what you pull out is a great way of strengthening the body's immune system''

Having just completed a Level 3 course in Food Hygiene, I think I may never go out in public again. The biggest cause of food poisoning is the bacterium Staphylococcus Aureus, found in human orifices. It only takes someone not to wash their hands after going to the toilet, pick their nose and handle food or sneeze over food and you've a whole load of people down with vomiting and diaorrhea.

I'm just getting over a horrible cold virus which ruined my Christmas. It was inevitable I should go down with it, as I've been sitting in classrooms with students who cough and sneeze without putting a hand over their mouths and who leave snotty tissues on the desks. Last week, I helped a student (who was full of cold) by moving her mouse and clicking on the right part of the screen. The mouse was wet and slimy. I had absolutely no chance, really.

This thread reminds me of when I took the car in for a service last week. Dropped it off at Hatfields at Hunters Bar and decided to walk back into town and do a bit of shopping.

Trotting down Eccy Road I passed all the coffee bars with nice looking people sat outside with a latte and a paper enjoying the crisp winters morning.

My journey ended outside Wilkinsons on Waingate where I encountered a young girl, 16ish, cover one nostril and blow snot out the other!

It seriously got me wondering why a lack of money means a lack of decorum?

What about the kids who wipe there bogies on the bus seats

what about those that flick bogies at other people....and become so expert at it they do it with alarming accuracy....you could have your eye took out with one of those things

well...i consider myself an expert on the dirty scruffy disgusting loppy people who live on the edge of society....most of them live this way through choice and most have two things in common....they hoard stuff no matter how worthless it is and ...if they only had a tenner left they would spend it on a packet of fags instead of a decent meal ...but thats democracy and its their choice

no its 3 things...they have sky tv aerial outside on the wall

This thread reminds me of when I took the car in for a service last week. Dropped it off at Hatfields at Hunters Bar and decided to walk back into town and do a bit of shopping.

Trotting down Eccy Road I passed all the coffee bars with nice looking people sat outside with a latte and a paper enjoying the crisp winters morning.

My journey ended outside Wilkinsons on Waingate where I encountered a young girl, 16ish, cover one nostril and blow snot out the other!

It seriously got me wondering why a lack of money means a lack of decorum?

as anlabystreet said: 'people who love on the outer edges of society' . a lack of wealth leads to a lack of decorum. a lack of decorum leads to a lack of wealth - there are the longterm unemployed and the longterm unemployable,

a big difference i think, one at least has a chance. some people behaviour consigns them to the dust bin so early in life, how sad

I've seen some of my friends come out of toilets without washing their hands, not just once but all the time!!! I now decline the invites (as kind as they are) for tea as their homes.

I've seen some of my friends come out of toilets without washing their hands, not just once but all the time!!! I now decline the invites (as kind as they are) for tea as their homes.

Shake hands and be merry

The other day my husband saw a bloke have a right good spit out his car window. His child in the back promptly copied him and got slapped round the head for his trouble. What can you do?