Sign in to follow this  

Places to buy candlewax kits etc

Cole Brothers - a branch of the John Lewis Partnership. Never knowingly undersold.

It's been renamed to save confusion (such as this) with the launch of JohnLewis.com

In 1919 {Cole brothers} sold the business to H. Gordon Selfridge, the American entrepreneur, who some ten years earlier had opened the successful department store in London`s Oxford Street, and Cole Brothers became part of the growing Selfridge Provincial Stores Group.

In 1940 the Selfridge family decided to sell the SPS group to the John Lewis Partnership. The building came through the war unscathed and in the post-war years business began to pick up. Visiting Cole Brothers was considered to be `an occasion` and eating in Cole Brothers restaurant was a special treat.

Though the 50s were buoyant times, by 1960 it was clear that the old shop had to go and the Partnership decided to build a new shop on Barkers Pool, a derelict piece of land some 300 yards from Cole`s Corner. It opened on 17 September 1963.

after lengthy consideration, the Partners at Cole Brothers decided to join most of the other department stores in the John Lewis group and take the name of the founder.

In 2009 John Lewis Sheffield will move to a new shop in the New Retail Quarter, reinforcing its strong connection with the city since 1940.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shops/DSTemplate.aspx?Id=21

Originally posted by nick2

I distinctly heard one assistant tut and the other was quite agressive with her tissue paper.

No pursed lips, or looking down noses? :D

Getting back to the original question .......:P Whiteheads Craft shop at the bottom of London Rd do candle making kits.

I also refuse to call Coles by it's new name too :clap:

WhichCraft in Broomhill sell candle making stuff too :)

Originally posted by sjw1705

Getting back to the original question .......:P Whiteheads Craft shop at the bottom of London Rd do candle making kits.

I also refuse to call Coles by it's new name too :clap:

Are you sure that is still there??

I thought it had turned into one of those 'dodgy' shops!:suspect:

thanks for the help so far everyone.

been down to Whiteheads Craft shop, i can confirm it's still there, the man was very helpful.

but anyways, now i'm specifically looking for wax sheet.

i have some natural bees wax but it isn't big enough.

so options are larger sheets of bees wax (have found supplier online but would rather get it sooner)

or something called applique wax sheet but i'm unsure of how thick this is. anyone know? have emailed suppliers.

anyways, if anyone knows of places that specifically sell this please let me know asap!

cheers tom