Clio - just where is the coolant going?

Thanks for the help everyone - will try all the suggestions and if I find anything will report back. Hope it's not the head gasket - a friendly mechanic who know clios well suggested a couple of places to start - the bottle/cap as mentioned above, a plug at the rear of the block, water pump gasket at the bottom of the block - under the cambelt cover but residue will show itself there and have a look for a dodgy circulation pipe running across the front of the block - particularly on the front o/s of the block where a lot of couplings have been known to corode? Thanks again and Merry Christmas to All!!

Good ta - just had the ECU changed and mapped - 466bhp & 442ft/lb (at the wheels; add 18% for the pub talk figures ;))

bloody hell thats some good power!!! do you do track days? Not trying to sound big headed or spoiling for a fight but i'd love to go up against a fast car. ( i run a track yamaha R6) any lap times for any tracks?

Having known a few people with missing coolant issues other possibility is a dodgy seal on thermostat. I agree on the preasure thing. I've known 3 significant problems at shows. Ineachcase they had noted small amounts of coolant disappearing, then, when the car had been stationary with the engine running they suffered a major faliure.

Radweld is worth a try if you want a cheap and temporaryish solution to small radiator leaks. But it doesn't allways work and won't help with any gasket probs etc.

At last had a chance to get under this motor to see where the leak is while the engine was running and cooling system up to operating temperature/ pressure. The leak is from the o/s of the block so I'm betting on the water pump. At least it's not the head gasket as first feared. I reckon about £80 to supply and fit at my local garage? Anyone had 1 done recently and what's the going rate?? Thanks for all the suggestions - a real help.