Sign in to follow this  

Bad Manners

Today, I was driving between two rows of cars down a street just off Abbeydale road, it was very narrow and I was keeping watch on both sides.suddenly,a young woman driver who was sat in her car behind the steering wheel opened the door wide just as I got up level with her car.

I had to stop completely, She got out and looked at me, as if to say,you will wait until I decide to get out, what a bloody nerve, she had a smile on her face and walked round to her boot to get something out. I did not say anything but at that moment She went down one hundred percent in my estimation, evn though she was a lovely slim young woman.:evil::twisted::roll:

Blast my horn until the b.... quits smiling. Wait until she walks away, get out and let the air out of her tires. Hee hee.

I have an evil streak!

Grr, I get it all the time on my bike, they just don't look through there wing mirrors to check if its all clear.

I once hit a car door being opened at Hayfield in Derbys luck would have it i was going up hill so the consequences were not bad though had I been coming the other way well it would have been curtains.

I am experienced enough to give all parked cars a wide berth for that reason especially the ones i have just seen pull up.

I was training about 3 weeks ago when i moved out on a clear road to over take a van that had just pulled in to the side of the road without signaling so i was about to go round him as he suddenly decided to turn right into the car park of a pub right into my path, again no signals and the inevitable happened bang, i,m into the side of him, landed in the car park without my bike and was very daized.

However the bloke admitted it was all his fault and he was very traumatised as i hit him hard at 25 mile per hour.

My back brakes locked as i tried in vein to avoid hitting him which turned my bike from a forward position to a side position and took all the damage to my shoulder instead of hitting him head on which no doubt would have been much worse.

Anyway his door had a crater in it the size of the Grand canyon and he could'nt close his window.

Me, well apart from my pride i suffered a cracked rib.

Ouch! How's your bruises?

Goodness, I hope you sued him for damages. Do you have insurance on your bike? "Sorry mate" doesn't cut it. People need to be held responsible for their stupidity. Make him pay dammit.

Unfortunately no i don't have insurance on my bike but to be honest the bloke rang me the same night and i told him i did not want to sue him but could he replace the wheels as they were damaged and they cost me £400.

He was totally full of guilt and insisted i go all the way and write to his insurance company,well his employers as he had already admited liability and they are aware of the accident.

After considering it i decided to see a solicitor and i let him know and he was happy with that and encouraged me to do so.

The solicitor said it would be streight forward as he has admitted it and no insurance will be needed as he is 100% confident of winning.

I hope he is right as i can take out an insurance policy to protect my self if it goes to court but i am confident it will not.

8) Nah Den Ace.........

Why do my posts keep disappearing?

In response to the thread title, "Bad Manners", I wrote:

"It's Bad Manners.........

And when I find her, I'm gonna kill her

Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne Lorainne"

Allow me to explain, I was simply connecting the title of the thread to the band Bad Manners; using the lyrics from their song "Lorainne" to illustrate this.

Not hilarious I admit, even less so now I've had to explain it!

If it was axed by the mods, fair enough but why? An explanation would have been nice! This is the third time this has happened - for no apparent reason, with no explanation.......no e-mail.......no PM......no nothing! Besides, I've seen a lot worse on this forum!

wibble wibble

Spacehopper.

Woah Spacehopper!!

Maybe there's a difference between letting air out or her tires and killing someone. So words to a song eh? You sound more like a maniac psyco serial killer. Scary.

people are just rude and uncourtious full stop now. even in the few years I have been driving (erm 9 then) I have noticed that noone will stop to let anyone out anymore, people don't say thankyou when you actually do.

Its now Dog eat Dog, and I can be a bigger dog than most!!! ha ha ha

Al :)

I always let folks out, and I drive a BMW :o

What gets on my wick, is when they pull out infront causing you to stop or brake hard in a £250 scrapheap as if just to say a big f'you. This country.....!

1man&hisBMW

Actually, if you all went to PORTUGAL for a week you would realise how polite we all are. They are seriously nasty!!

Al :)

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

I always let folks out, and I drive a BMW :o

What gets on my wick, is when they pull out infront causing you to stop or brake hard in a £250 scrapheap as if just to say a big f'you. This country.....!

1man&hisBMW

I drive a Beema too and I'm a considerate driver when it comes to other road users and pedestrians!

Originally posted by Funke88

Blast my horn until the b.... quits smiling. Wait until she walks away, get out and let the air out of her tires. Hee hee.

I have an evil streak!

Or, why not remove the valves as well!