Rant about smelly people on buses

It isn't any longer.

I would have thought that it was actually getting longer by the minute.

I did work with people,(long term enemployed) that were smelly, part of my job was to educate them into knowing about their body odour.

The company started from Nottingham (Boots), used to give out free deodorants, this became too expensive for Sheffield when the freebies ran out.

I blame the manufactures for keeping their product prices too high.

May be with the credit crunch they will have a think on, and drop prices.

If not we should kick up a stink.

Within 20 minutes of being on the bus, I myself absolutlty honked,

I assume you then got off the bus and walked the rest of the way, as you had become a smelly bus passenger.

Perhaps they could make bus shelters in to kind of car wash things with revolving brushes and disinfectant sprays that you have to pass through before getting on the bus.

Around 25 years ago, I worked at Laycock engineering company in Millhouses. An old, eccentric, employee, who never changed his clothes etc and consequently had odour issues, was allegedly barred from travel by a local bus company at the time, so had to walk to work and back from Dronfield every day.

thats why buses are called peasant wagons

Perhaps this could be a solution......

At the airport, if you have something potetially illegall on you, the beeping thing goes like mad, and you get a security man asking you to undress, also if you try to walk out of a shop like Morrisons without paying, when you go past a barrier the beeper goes off, and the security man chases you.

SO MY IDEA !!!!

YOu go into the bus shelter, and if the smell is greater than 4 parts per million, a beeper goes off at the bus shelter, this could activate a security man armed with soapy water, soap, sponge and a bath on wheels. The security man, could then undress you, force you into the bath for a rub down....:thumbsup: bobs your uncle, no stinkers on the bus

SO MY IDEA !!!!

YOu go into the bus shelter, and if the smell is greater than 4 parts per million, a beeper goes off at the bus shelter, this could activate a security man armed with soapy water, soap, sponge and a bath on wheels. The security man, could then undress you, force you into the bath for a rub down....:thumbsup: bobs your uncle, no stinkers on the bus

Sorry to keep going on about perfume but I have been stood next to women that could drop an elephant, what smell offends one person can go unnoticed by another, remember Brut, splash it all over.:gag:

Precisely my question too. A megathread with 4 posts?
it could be a mini-megathread...it certainly wasnt a mini-stink on that bus by all accounts:gag:

thats why buses are called peasant wagons

i thought it was council cattle trucks

some people are worse than just smelly ....live like pigs...houses full of bedbugs....fleas..tics...scabies......