Punk gigs at the Marples

:hihi:My husband and I ( sound like the queen) remember the gigs at the Marpels, I remember taking extra toys with me for the get in with a toy and giving them to punx waiting to get in who had none.

I remember doing my hair in the toilets stood next to Annie from Dirt n thinking she looked so good .That hair of hers must have took some right back combing. My Husband remembers the fight at the Toy dolls gig :help:.He remember the Mau Maus the gig where they were recording a live album

I remember Becky Bondage getting coverd in spit ( yuk ):gag: n putting a blanket around her.

We also used to go to Rebels down Dixon Lane, every week it said it was the last night so everyone made sure they had a really good night.

Sheffield was a really good place to be a punk . You could go down town and meet up with your mates no need to phone them just go to the peace gardens or Woolworth cafe ( those were the days) .Where have all the good times gone? Does anyone remember the punx picnic in the park at Weston Park ? There are plenty of things we dont remember too many Barley wines me thinks.:gag:

:hihi:My husband and I ( sound like the queen) remember the gigs at the Marpels, I remember taking extra toys with me for the get in with a toy and giving them to punx waiting to get in who had none.

I remember doing my hair in the toilets stood next to Annie from Dirt n thinking she looked so good .That hair of hers must have took some right back combing. My Husband remembers the fight at the Toy dolls gig :help:.He remember the Mau Maus the gig where they were recording a live album

I remember Becky Bondage getting coverd in spit ( yuk ):gag: n putting a blanket around her.

We also used to go to Rebels down Dixon Lane, every week it said it was the last night so everyone made sure they had a really good night.

Sheffield was a really good place to be a punk . You could go down town and meet up with your mates no need to phone them just go to the peace gardens or Woolworth cafe ( those were the days) .Where have all the good times gone? Does anyone remember the punx picnic in the park at Weston Park ? There are plenty of things we dont remember too many Barley wines me thinks.:gag:

Unfortunetly i missed all the punk gigs at the marples as im not as old as you and Martin.

Unfortunetly i missed all the punk gigs at the marples as im not as old as you and Martin.

You are a bit cheeky arnt you !!!

You are a bit cheeky arnt you !!!

I am and yes you do sound like the queen.

Realised who you are when i read the post on the sheffield skinhead thread about the embarrassing dad dancing and taking your 16 yr old daughter with you.

live at the marples...awesome album that, love it

and yeah...beardys cheeky :P

live at the marples...awesome album that, love it

and yeah...beardys cheeky :P

Do you know beardy? Or are you older like us two? Do you remember Dinwalls beer Keller they also had some good bands on there. Can you remember the names of any of the old punks and are you still in contact with any .I would love to contact some of my old mates we did have some fun. We've seen big John a few times did you know him and his Slaughter and the dogs scarf !!!!

I remember coming out of Rebels after punk night and getting the biggest chip butty ever from greasy Adears ( i still can not spell) covered with red sauce they tasted so good then running up to high street for the last bus.

I am and yes you do sound like the queen.

Realised who you are when i read the post on the sheffield skinhead thread about the embarrassing dad dancing and taking your 16 yr old daughter with you.

Just checked out the photos of you when you were in that band with Nick how young do you then. Nick just looks the same must be all that keep fit and healthy living LOL. :hihi:

Just checked out the photos of you when you were in that band with Nick how young do you then. Nick just looks the same must be all that keep fit and healthy living LOL. :hihi:

You dont know melthebell but your other half does he was after your time where have you found the band photos were they on his site or have you got some.

That playlist things pretty good sean.

You dont know melthebell but your other half does he was after your time where have you found the band photos were they on his site or have you got some.

That playlist things pretty good sean.

Saw the photos on his site you have seen them already as you have make a quote on there, saying that you havent been taken by little green men. Well were did you go then?

tinkerbell im abit younger than you.....i think (just caught the end of the limit, missed the marples i think) but im older than beardy

old skool punks i used to know?? hmmmmmm

i used to hang around the peace gardens with the likes of nick, mixmiff, soldier, irish glenn, big shaun, little shaun, 10 men, tommy, froggy, pat, also lived with steveo (goth for a time up pitsmoor) - sorry the people ive forgotten

i also knew a few of the sheffield anarchists (jesus, mozaz, barns, joel, sue etc), used to hang around with all the metallers / thrashers from the gardens, wap, yorkshiremen too

Its good to remember the days !!! Me Froggy Pat Mixmif still go to many of the gigs and weekenders now even tho im usually the driver !!! and they are still as good and we are regulars around town Frog and parrot, Nelson, Dove some days its like its never changed apart from got a bit more money now and Froggy and Pat can buy the Tshirts instead of " borrowing them of peoples back " :hihi::hihi:.

Thanx for that but really wanted to find people i knew from before then ( oh i'm so old ).

Any old punk girls out there who used to go Rebels etc what you doin now .Now my kids are nearly grown up i've started going out a bit .Can not do the make up any more like i used to too many wrinkels ( dont you even say anything Beardy).

I think that you know my husband Garvey .