Local artist struggling

I like the pictures.

I have bought pictures from artists on EBay in the past to put in my office.

So you could try selling on Ebay.

I have also seen pictures in bars in town which were for sale, and office receptions.

You could contact anywhere really where they have a reception or get a lot of people walking by.

You could maybe put on a joint event with a shop.

Perhaps contact an antique shop or art type shop and arrange a special eveny offering some free food and drinks.

Such an event doesn't have to cost much.

You can invite your contacts and the shop can do the same with their contacts.

Then when you have the people in, try and sell your products.

The shop doesn't even have to be an art type shop.

You could go to an independent clothes shop or boutique.

Having a website or somewhere onlnie you can display your work will help.

Or can you design a little brouchure you can save as a pdf file and e-mail to contacts?

That would be free, apart from your design time.

I think the artwork is really good. The built in clock cheapens the whole idea. I'm sorry if you don't want ' harsh ' but the clock idea turns a nice piece of artwork into something that looks like a cheap import from the east.Sorry.

Hi there, I think you have a real talent. I especially like the third photo on the list Headed up 4 showing the three panels. They would really suit a contemporary house or maybe a hotel or reception area or waiting room as they have so much detail and are so interesting to look at. The colours are amazing too.

I agree with the previous post though, the clock hands do nothing to enhance the artwork. In my opinion it certainly cheapens a classy piece.

I don't know how much you charge but have you considered putting up your prices?? Might seem a strange way to sell more but I advise getting out of the Castle market and get a simple web site to show your work and contact upmarket hotel chains, local law firms, accountants etc to offer to display on their premises. Local businesses tend to like to support other local business, especially where there is such natural talent.

Be brave and make some contacts, go to networking events and take samples of your work, you never know who you will meet and what contacts they have.

You could start with the networking evening on Tuesday evening (see separate thread).

Hope that helps.

thanks for the feedback guys. the clock idea was to was to appeal to people who wouldn't otherwise buy 'art'. but i too never really 'felt' the whole thing. been under the weather lately but back now to see if i can grab 2009 by the balls.

again, thank ya'll. will def work on the website/blog idea.