Does anyone remember St. Silas C of E School?

My mother says the name Moles rings a bell, was there a Marilyn Moles ? it may have been a different Moles Family. My mother knew the Elwis family but can only remember the names of Rita since she was a few years younger than them.

My mothers cousin is Ken Randall, he went to St Silas also and meets up with some of his old school friends, he is approximately 75 years old now. Did you know Ken ?

My mother says the name Moles rings a bell, was there a Marilyn Moles ? it may have been a different Moles Family. My mother knew the Elwis family but can only remember the names of Rita since she was a few years younger than them.

My mothers cousin is Ken Randall, he went to St Silas also and meets up with some of his old school friends, he is approximately 75 years old now. Did you know Ken ?

Hi Blacklist

HAPPY NEW YEAR sorry Ken Randall doe's not register with the old brain cell I am a couple of years younger than Jimmy Elwis & "moggy" Moles ALL THE BEST.

Hi Jack,

The George Cunningham books are "By George" and "More George". I think that they are out of print now. I was up in Sheffield about a year ago and couldn'r find any of them on sale anywhere. However, someone told me that there was a shop in Castleton which sold them and also the cards. I went there and found it. I can't remember the name, I'm sorry, but it is only a small shop selling books and it's on the main road which leads to the big car park with the tourist information shop in it.

I am sorry to say that I have lost touch with both our Bob and Paul. I have tried very hard to find them but with no luck. Perhaps they just don't want to be found?I will try to make some enquiries about the books for you myself and let you know if I have any luck.

Happy New Year to you and your Jack.

Granny Pat

Hi Willybite

thanks for the reply you have just jogged my memory again I remember all the names that you mentioned good men one and all I remember talking to Dave Shaw just a few days before he was killed we were in the old tyre shop in the Olive Grove depot with Charlie the tyre fitter it just seems like yesterday but it has got to be over 20+ yrs ago hope you are in good health all the best for the NEW YEAR.

hiya jack wasn't david some relation of walt unwin maybe i'm wrong,but when i worked on the corp i worked with ted emmet when we found the sovs in that wall up hathersage rd, g,g they would be handy now, the barry fox whose father kept the bridge inn at heeley later ,was a brickie app with dave shaw we all would work together sometimes with jack bradbury, thinking back one christmas, walt unwin dropped a cigar each for the gang members and at snaptime jack gave us all half a cigar saying that his dad liked a cigar at christmas and thanked us all for the ones he hadn't cut in half,

ps remember charlie eckardt lorry driver, well he live close to me when we were growing up he was a bit older than me but around jack hudsons age who live nearby too.

Edited by willybite

I lived at 61 headford street and my family were the webster family. I was their daughter dawn. The Hancocks lived two doors away frm us. tHE FATHER WAS eRIC mother Flo son Eric and daughters Sylvia,June and Sonia.Yhe Gallagher family lived next to the chip shop Jim was the father,mother Rosie sons Terry Peter and I think the younger son was Brian and two daughters,Maureen the eldest and Brenda who was the same age as me born 1943/44.The Hibberds were related to the Charlesworths who lived on Egerton Lane.The eades had one son I think called Billy.

hiya, i remember all these names you have said ,on another site i mentioned the eades, harry lived down by bradleys chip shop well i had a reply from his son billly,you mentioned the charlesworths well brian was my age and there was the glaves brian he was the landlord of the fellbrig pub years ago, harold broadhurst was i think related, he worked at laycocks as a cutter grinder, remember the bradleys,cottons,roomes, i sometimes see barry piercy he married one of the goodisons girls.

hiya yes i knew who ken was he was a keen fisherman, and he worked at laycocks on archer rd/camping lane.

Hi Jack Hewitt,

I have found the George Cunningham books on http://www.amazon.co.uk and they aren't expensive. Knowing where you grew up, on the same blocks as me, I just know that you would love to own these two books as the paintings take you back. He was very clever and his pictures have so much detail in them. I just love them. Well worth every penny.

Pat

Hi Jack Hewitt,

I have found the George Cunningham books on http://www.amazon.co.uk and they aren't expensive. Knowing where you grew up, on the same blocks as me, I just know that you would love to own these two books as the paintings take you back. He was very clever and his pictures have so much detail in them. I just love them. Well worth every penny.

Pat

Cheers Pat I have had a look on Amazon and will be sending off for them both I must admit that I Am finding it hard to picture George's face after all the years that have passed us by I think he moved out from his parents house in our yard as i entered my teens.

hiya jack wasn't david some relation of walt unwin maybe i'm wrong,but when i worked on the corp i worked with ted Emmet when we found the socs in that wall up hathersage rd, g,g they would be handy now, the barry fox whose father kept the bridge inn at heeley later ,was a brickie app with dave shaw we all would work together sometimes with jack bradbury, thinking back one christmas, walt unwin dropped a cigar each for the gang members and at snaptime jack gave us all half a cigar saying that his dad liked a cigar at christmas and thanked us all for the ones he hadn't cut in half,

ps remember charlie eckardt lorry driver, well he live close to me when we were growing up he was a bit older than me but around jack hudson's age who live nearby too.

Sorry Willybite I cant help you with the information you asked about Dave and Walt being related God when you think back weren't there some characters working on the council from gaffers to labourers HAPPY DAYS.

Sorry Willybite I cant help you with the information you asked about Dave and Walt being related God when you think back weren't there some characters working on the council from gaffers to labourers HAPPY DAYS.

hiya jack, when i started work with ted emmet i remember working just off abbeydale rd for a job for bill marples it was a heading job into the railway, anyhow an apprentice brickie straight from school was sent to work with us ,and he had heard talk of stutts ,or snuffs, marples, well the first time he spoke to bill he called him snuffsy, like mr snuffsy.

Edited by willybite

Hi Blacklist

HAPPY NEW YEAR sorry Ken Randall doe's not register with the old brain cell I am a couple of years younger than Jimmy Elwis & "moggy" Moles ALL THE BEST.

hiya, ken randall would have been born in around 1936

Only just seen your inbox message, as already mentioned my father (Eric Hancock) passed away some years ago as did his sister Sylvia. However I may be able to contact my aunt June & will let her know about these posts as she may want to reminisce also x