Is Sheffield Forum representative of Sheffield?

Thanks for the replies. I'll hold off on suicide for the moment.

To holymoses, I would respectfully suggest that there's 'different views on the topic', and then there's this kind of thing:

"Its cus of idiots like you that this country is in the state it is, if your that concerned why not **** off over there and help out ?

As for mugabe we could learn a few things from him and get things back on an even keel over here"

I would say the negative attitudes of Sheffield folk in general is widely displayed on this Forum.

It's quite depressing really.

That said, and quite contradictory to the above, a strong sense of compassion and pride for their city is also displayed here.

If Sheffielders had a little more motivation, they could help make this city a world class place to live and work.

The negative attitudes of FOLK in general - this is not isolated to Sheffield i can assure you.

I think as already mentioned, the Anonymity the Internet allows can make some people state things they would never dare in 'real life' - wether this means they are their true beliefs, or just being dramatic, who can say.

Over the last few days some of the threads on here have surprised me even more than usual, with the amount of intense paranoia, envy and bitterness that alot of people have shown.

The level of intelligence shown can also be quite fascinating, considering some of these members may hold quite responsible positions in todays society. Many seem unable to hold a balanced debate whilst showing the smallest amount of respect to each other.

I love living in Sheffield, so can somebody please convince me that this is just a highly vocal minority of embittered whack-jobs and that I don't have to move or kill myself?

don't worry hun, most people in sheffield are not like that.

some people make outrageous statements on here......just to wind people up...and will fully admit to it...

so the next time you read something that sounds unbelievable....read with a pinch of salt :)

and sheffield rocks dude! :D

Bigots and racists, and Daily Mail readers (same difference either way IMO) seriously need to shut up I reckon, no one with more than 2 thirds of a brain cares.

What exactly have you got against Daily Mail readers, myself being one of them !

Rich is always an angry fellow. 99% of his posts are derisory and usually end with a :rolleyes: or a :loopy:

Rich is always an angry fellow. 99% of his posts are derisory and usually end with a :rolleyes: or a :loopy:

Yes, but I do wish he would explain more detail, exactly why he hates Daily Mail readers. !:mad:

Yes, but I do wish he would explain more detail, exactly why he hates Daily Mail readers. !:mad:

...because they are bigots and racists.

Or "gets coat", what a larf that is. But he usually comes back.

No, it's not representative of Sheffield. At all. Just you continue enjoying living here and ignore all the idiots on this forum.

And as for lack of compassion? You're right there! Anyone who has experienced any kind of difficulty (job loss, mortgage arrears, death of a loved one etc) is automatically branded a moron who must have brought about their own misfortune and are therefore in no way deserving of sympathy. They are then branded 'scum' and receive condescending lectures on how to be a model citizen.

In short: yeah, its full of whack-jobs. Ignore em!

What exactly have you got against Daily Mail readers, myelf being one of them !

Your Elf is a DM reader? :lol:

Sorry dear but you fell right into that one!

Your Elf is a DM reader? :lol:

Sorry dear but you fell right into that one!

Yes, I did didnt I ? :hihi::hihi::hihi: