PC Help needed asap

Hi all i have a weird one for ya now to try and solve lol.... i think its the psu thats gone, right here goes... my pc was working normally yesterday and all night, now this morning the pc decided it wanted to install a unknown device and some of the things on usb stopped working i.e card reader and bluetooth device, then the pc shut itself down then ten wouldnt turn on, the fans and neons inside were starting (flashing) on and off now thats all it does... pc specs are

athlon 64 3200+ 754

2gb ddr 400

ecs nforce 3a mobo (think)

250gb sata hdd

80gb ide hdd

dvd rw x2

nvidia 7600gs agp

help please

You probably have some kind of nasty virus or spyware infection on your pooter, probably a particularly nasty strain of Trojan as it's them wot usually try and install stuff without your consent.

Can you boot in to safe mode? (tap escape constantly while starting. Sometimes F2 as well).

If it's not booting in to safe mode then it's probably a PSU problem.

no cant even boot into safe mode, i thought it was a psu problem...... thanks

Can you boot in to safe mode? (tap escape constantly while starting. Sometimes F2 as well).

If it's not booting in to safe mode then it's probably a PSU problem.

Safe Mode is F8.

What is up with you people? katifizzle said it wont even turn on...

how can they boot to safe mode, if it won't even turn on?

- yes, it sounds like the power supply, but it could be the motherboard to be honest.

unplug EVERYTHING (bar the Motherboard / GFX Card (if plugged in)) and try it again.

Let us know what happens.

right then when i do that go just mobo and graphics powered al the fans spin but nothing on screen, then turn off with switch on psu then turn back on and it flashes at me then goes off

right then when i do that go just mobo and graphics powered al the fans spin but nothing on screen, then turn off with switch on psu then turn back on and it flashes at me then goes off

Pretty sure it's the PSU. £25 from Maplins and 5 mins to fit :)

Safe Mode is F8.
Depends entirely on the manufacturer/bios ;)

Graphics card ? .. any BIOS bleeps ?

ok, it does sound like the PSU. I would advise trying another one though before you invest, do you have access to another?

Depends entirely on the manufacturer/bios ;)

No, thats for the bios screen, 'Safe Mode' (Windows) is F8 regardless, this brings up the selection menu for Windows.