Sign in to follow this  

Where can I take my Brother at the weekend??

I have a bit of a entertainment problem.

My 33 year old brother is coming to visit me this weekend. We havent really seen much of each other in the last few years so I'd like to show him a good time. But not being from Sheffield myself (only been here for a couple of months) I'm not too sure where to start.

He's dead keen on music, but not really a clubber, more live bands, especially garage (that's 60/70s psyc garage) or rockabilly or maybe country at a push. Basically anything thats a bit interesting and different. He works as a scientist so doesnt meet many gals so I'd quiet like to take him somewhere where he's at least in the remote vacinity of some ladies. Anywhere near Netheredge or town would be good? Also any ideas for the day would be appreciated, good pub for a Sunday dinner etc??

Thanks a million!!

In terms of pubs - the Washington in town (by Devonshire Green) is probably your best bet - depending on the Dj on that night - you may even get some 60s garage - which is something you cannot say about too many pubs in town! Lots of 30 somethings and its pretty friendly - but what to do after lasties is another matter..

Dubcentral is on at the Everyone Centre on the edge of Nether Edge till whenever o'clock with the Irration Steppa sound system which is always good & has anice crowd - but if you dont like reagge with earth shaking bass - it might not be a good idea!

The first one sounds like a winner, is that Friday or Saturday night? I think the Netheredge one may be too terrierfying for him, alas! Good one for a time when he's not here tho! thanks for the help tho Jake.

Just seen ad for the Washington in Sandman & this Saturday is "Go Go Gorilla" (Surf garage punk white trash) - which would seem to be up your brothers street...

Its great pub regardless of who's Djing though - so friday would be equally as good.

That sounds spot on actually! I think thats a go-er, he'll be dead impressed! I might drag him along to the Forum meet too.