New arena in Leeds

Without sounding bias.........

I've live here in Sheffield all my 43 years and been a Leeds United fan...for a good 33 of those years........i've honestly seen Sheffield (my home city that i love) get overtaken by Leeds as a City (City Centre).....

Leeds has been crying out for a decent indoor venue for years.

It's a top night out with loads more to offer than Sheffield !!

Sorry folks !!

Fact.

The new arena looks decent, i must say. Its coming on quite quickly, and i look forward to some great gigs - at last - sick of going to Manchester to see bands, and not being able to have a few drinks.

And then there's this in Leeds, well under construction now as well (due to open next Spring). A brand new, central shopping mall. Check the 'View CGIs' tab in MORE INFO ...

http://www.trinityleeds.com/

Edited by Dragonfall

Trinity Leeds currently under construction - the city-centre development will have a catchment of 5.5 million people offering a spend of £1.93 billion annually. It will lift Leeds from seventh to fourth in the CACI UK retail rankings and create over 3000 jobs. The combined scheme will have 93,000*m2 (1,000,000 sq*ft) of retail floor space for 120 stores, including:

Marks & Spencer - Topshop/Topman - H&M - River Island - Next - Hollister - Cult

Mango - Yo Sushi - Giraffe - Carluccio's - Everyman Cinema - D&D London

Trinity has attracted ten international retailers new to the UK market whose names are yet to be released. A 9,900*m2 (107,000 sq*ft) Primark will open in Trinity West making it the world's largest store. Costing Land Securities £350m, the development was 66% let a year before to opening (opens early 2013).