Sign in to follow this  

PayPal contact phone number?

Trying to contact a "real person" at PayPal, rather than their inane recorded response job or their "wait 4 days" for an email reply....

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers for your help....

dont press any options when prompted to and you will be connected to a person to talk to

dont press any options when prompted to and you will be connected to a person to talk to

Ah...that's the answer, huh?!

(What a shower they are....according to email received today, bank account "frozen" because of a ****-up THEY made back at the end of June! All resolved back at the time, and then 9 days before Xmas, bang.....!)

Much do I need this.....

(Ta for the info, John.....)

do you mean they froze your paypal account if so they did that to me once i had forgot to update my cc number when my old one ran out they sorted it pretty fast though.

Ah...that's the answer, huh?!

(What a shower they are....according to email received today, bank account "frozen" because of a ****-up THEY made back at the end of June! All resolved back at the time, and then 9 days before Xmas, bang.....!)

Much do I need this.....

(Ta for the info, John.....)

The email that your Bank account was frozen is almost certain to be "phishing", disregard and DEFINITELY don't click any links in it.

do you mean they froze your paypal account if so they did that to me once i had forgot to update my cc number when my old one ran out they sorted it pretty fast though.

I've used the same cc with Paypal for donkey's years, they've never frozen my account each time the cc ran out (and I did not update the cc details for weeks or months at a time) :huh:

Point in fact, the current cc ran out in Nov and the account's still alive and well (but still has funds accrued from auctions, so this may explain that?)

Hi all....

No - it's definitely a legit one from PP, not a phisher.

Back in June I asked 'em to top up my PP account with my credit card in a one-off payment, just to keep a credit balance.

A few days after, PP told me that the bank had refused to action it - the truth was somewhat different. It took me 3 weeks to verify that PP had used the "wrong method" to apply for it (!)

As a consequence, I then had to go all through the verification process again - y'know, the two silly pence amounts transferred to your bank by PP - before I could get up and running again.

All this was endured and done....and that was the end of it......until this morning, when I received the same email from PP as I'd done nearly 6 months ago.

Just spoken to their "Customer Care" line - the secret, by the way, is just as my friend above suggested, i.e. keep schtum when listening to the options, but also bellow "Agent" when you see fit....

The conclusion?

They don't know why it's cropped up again - and I've got to go all the way through the same verification process again.....just before Christmas!

Thanks very much!

glad you got it sorted out.there is also a new paypal scam around at the moment you get an email looks very real from "paypal" saying you have paid x amount for an item etc

and if you dispute the payment contact them using the link.this is a scam so be carefull if anyone gets one

glad you got it sorted out.there is also a new paypal scam around at the moment you get an email looks very real from "paypal" saying you have paid x amount for an item etc

and if you dispute the payment contact them using the link.this is a scam so be carefull if anyone gets one

Morning again, John....

Yes, seen news of that one....a rehash of an old one, but then again, aren't they all?!

Not surprising that some folk fall for them...I regularly get jobs from Abbey, Barclays et al, and they all look "very good".

I guess all they need is 1/10,000 to be careless and bang, they're in....

In my case, yes, sorted....thankfully I've got a credit balance within PP, so it doesn't stop me buying with it today, but it's bloody annoying to have to go through that verification process again......and what's betting it crops up again in the future?!

My suspicion is that apart from cocking up the original one-off request, for some reason they've got it down as a regular event, i.e. the old "standing order" idea....

Try explaining THAT to their Customer Help line!

The whole exasperating process starts all over again - funny how you forget over time!

For example, the PayPal bank account details form.....

"FIRST NAME"

No.

It doesn't necessarily mean your first name at all.

Yes, you have one, but that's not what they want.

It means whatever name (other than your surname) that the account is held under.

For example, it might be Andrew...but it might just be A.

It must be "EXACTLY" as it appears, according to our friends at PP.

Mine happens to be a joint account...it's in the form of A & B Smith...

So, you'd enter A & B....That's EXACTLY as it appears....

No.

Ampersands not allowed.....spaces and letters, yes, but no ampersands.

"WARNING!

It must be EXACTLY as it appears on your......., otherwise payments may be refused and you will be charged...." etc.

So I've entered in the form of A and B Smith.....accepted, and moved on to next page.

"REMINDER! Check your details! Must be EXACTLY......" the site drones on....

Well, it isn't exactly as it appears ; there's no way it can be!

Ye Gods...give me strength!