Hallelujah - which is your favourite?

Have I been living in a parallel universe? Never heard this song by any of them!

Compare and contrast:

Leonard Cohen - Hmmmm.

Jeff Buckley - The most well known and best?

KD Lang - Excellent live version.

Rufus Wainwright - Love him, but he's an acquired taste...

Damien Rice

Sheryl Crow

Alexandra Burke.

Damian Rice - Wasn't doing anything wrong, nice guitar work, good vocal, didn't really work. Less than the sum of its parts.

K.D. - Very polished, great singing. Strangely unmoving.

Crow? - Frankly amatuerish.

Have I been living in a parallel universe? Never heard this song by any of them!

Errrrrr, probably. Which version do you like best?

Jeff Buckley, followed by John Cale, followed by Rufus Wainwright, kd lang at 4, and leonard cohen grudgingly at 5 ( because he wrote it)

REJECT ALL OTHER INFERIOR VERSIONS!

Jeff Buckley for me by far. If that bint off TV want's to do a cover, nick something by Mariah Carey or Rhiannan or whatever she's called

This is my favourite version of what I personally consider to be one of the most over hyped songs. Don't get me wrong I like it but come on, it's no Agadoo.

This is my favourite version of what I personally consider to be one of the most over hyped songs. Don't get me wrong I like it but come on, it's no Agadoo.

Well...it's better than the hideous bint version, but that doesn't take much

Its just what we need in this bleak country, a dismal Leonard Choen song!!! Why was it back in the 70's when the country was going down the pan we had the likes of Slade trying their best to cheer us all up. fast forward to now and we just wallow in our own pity!!!

This song is drab and dismal thats why all those depressing singer/songwriters cover it cos they all think they are being trendy and sensitive!!! Jeff Buckley released 1 average album, drowned in the Mississippi and becomes a legend!!! His father released sone fantastic albums for the time and has never got half of the recognition Jeff got!!!:loopy:

End of rant!!! :thumbsup:

Its just what we need in this bleak country, a dismal Leonard Choen song!!! Why was it back in the 70's when the country was going down the pan we had the likes of Slade trying their best to cheer us all up. fast forward to now and we just wallow in our own pity!!!

This song is drab and dismal thats why all those depressing singer/songwriters cover it cos they all think they are being trendy and sensitive!!! Jeff Buckley released 1 average album, drowned in the Mississippi and becomes a legend!!! His father released sone fantastic albums for the time and has never got half of the recognition Jeff got!!!:loopy:

End of rant!!! :thumbsup:

Nah. Beautiful and soulful, hypnotic, yearning and melancholic.

What makes the X Factor version even more sickening is that everyone who is a fan of the song will associate it with that lass and her small chance of career credibility's pretty much doomed now.

Very poor form, Mr Cowell :(

What makes the X Factor version even more sickening is that everyone who is a fan of the song will associate it with that lass and her small chance of career credibility's pretty much doomed now.

Very poor form, Mr Cowell :(

How I agree with you !:thumbsup:

Buckley did a good version, certainly, but I can't help thinking he's somewhat overrated just because he's dead

i'd agree :)