Hallelujah - which is your favourite?

Buckley's version is good but I prefer Alexandra's version:thumbsup:

Would be interesting to hear a version by Leona:o:cool:

"Grace" not an "easy" album to get "in to"

:thumbsup:

Buckley is a massive influence on Thom Yorke (and Radiohead in general) and you can still clearly hear it in his singing style today - over 14 years since the release of Grace

Too right, was listening to In Rainbows yesterday thinking it was still so obvious.

Coldplay, Muse, Starsailor etc. owe him a career. There's a little bit of him in most modern rock.

There's a group on Facebook trying to get people to download Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah to beat the X Factor winner to No 1.

Do it!

And Leonard Cohen too..

At number 3, the X Factor winner with Hallelujah. At number 2, with Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen. And at number 1, Jeff Buckley with..... Hallelujah.

"do it" I mean WHY?:huh:

I haven't listened to all the versions but one version WILL be a better one and if so SO WHAT.WHY do losers who obviously haven't got a girlfriend/boyfriend set up these STUPID faece book groups.ITS A SONG NOT A CALL TO ARMS

And these silly Facebook petitions, in fact most online petitions in general, never work anyway.

For me it has to be KD Lang. Certainly the most talented singer of the lot and this is probably her best version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlZZbVyJtY

Just watched it again. Simply amazing. Great arrangement as well.

A close second comes Jeff Buckley with that Burke of a woman nowhere near (although not the worse version I've ever heard either)!

For me it has to be KD Lang. Certainly the most talented singer of the lot and this is probably her best version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlZZbVyJtY

Just watched it again. Simply amazing. Great arrangement as well.

A close second comes Jeff Buckley with that Burke of a woman nowhere near (although not the worse version I've ever heard either)!

I agree! People who don't give a damn about the charts unless there's some silly "cause" like this. Pathetic!!! Who gives a damn it Alexandra gets to number one? Not me. Fair play to her. Not my cuppa, but it's an alreight version.

It's not as though Jeff Buckley is gonna be that bothered is it?!! I can guarantee that he won't thank any of you noble campaigners!

As for Leonard - he'll be pleased to be raking it in (and rightly so!)

YEAH MAN!!!

It's not as though Jeff Buckley is gonna be that bothered is it?!! I can guarantee that he won't thank any of you noble campaigners!

"Maybe in the next world?"