GPs launch out of hours survey

GPs from across Sheffield want patients to log in and have their say on out of hours treatment in the city.

The Central Sheffield GP Consortium has launched a survey as part of their new Sheffield Health website, to find out what patients think of current out of hours services and how they could be improved.

Their new website will feature regular surveys on a variety of different aspects of healthcare, allowing patients to have their say and influence Sheffield’s GP services.

To have your say on out of hours services in Sheffield, please visit sheffieldhealth.co.uk

I would be concerned by the suggestion that such an anonymous internet survey may be used to effect changes in the service.

It shows a lack of professionalism.

Hello Dr GP

Thats Dr because you are a doctor

Exactly the kind of person I want to be responsible for my health care

Ive looked at your website

Its very interesting

It describes how you are introducing great new services run by nurses

Is this because a nurse costs less for you than another partner or associate or salaried GP?

And so you keep even more of the profits yourself?

Dont kid us

GPs did very well out of their new contract but we are now being landed with things we never asked for like nurses instead of more doctors to increase your profits

I dont mind you being business people but honestly

If you think I need an ENT doctor please send me to one instead of a nurse on the cheap

Oh but every time you send me to the hospital that costs you money too so you save all round

Grrrrr

not impressed by the out of hours service. called them about my wee girl, just wanted someone to listen to her chest as shes lung disease. insted i get a nurse who just tells me to take her to a&e where i had the pleasure of spending several hours to be issued the obligatory antibiotic

Im actually really pleased that I can now get an appointment at 7am as I can go to the doctors on my way to work without actually taking time off work to attend an apt at 3.oopm.

Appointments at 7.00 in the morning are fine, until they say, you need the practice nurse to take some swaps, comeback between 1.30 and 2 because she works part time grrrr..

Appointments at 7.00 in the morning are fine, until they say, you need the practice nurse to take some swaps, comeback between 1.30 and 2 because she works part time grrrr..

A nurse working family friendly hours - God forbid !:rolleyes: