Privilege Thalambo let her stay

now if thats true then that sheds even more light on this woman doesnt it.:thumbsup:

What light does it shed? That she's an illegal immigrant who gets off her arse and finds work for herself?

As far as I know illegal immigrants and/or asylum seekers can't claim benefits, so whatever the why and wherefors on the validity of her asylum application, a qualified nurse working in a nursing home is hardly the crime of the century is it?

Ive heard that the legal aid provided to asylum seekers/illegal immigrants runs into ££££billions each year.

I've heard pigs fly, but I've yet to see one yet.

Your hearing is selective, legal aid for asylum seekers doesnt run into anything like 'billions each year',

Andrew Green, of the group Migration Watch, said: "In the last financial year, Legal Aid for asylum and immigration came to £107m, or more than a quarter of a million pounds a day, despite the fall in asylum applications.

(taken from this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7274784.stm)

In fact Legal aided asylum applications are actually being restricted and many immigration lawyers are giving up on such work.

This is sounding a bit like the Monty Python "Spanish Iqusition sketch" No one expects them.

Honestly you are giving the Mugabe requim far more credence than they have. He is having toruble keeping his own country together without fingure stretching across the globe.

Mugabe's Zimbabwe is in 'trebile toruble', exactlly because he spends all his resources on keeping himself in power.

He employs hundreds of hench men, who all want vast payments, whilst the ordinary Zimbabwean goes hungry.

Why do you think he hates Gordon Browns Government, Why will he not allow his dealings to be reported by the media? He only allows his own propaganda to be shown.

What light does it shed? That she's an illegal immigrant who gets off her arse and finds work for herself?

As far as I know illegal immigrants and/or asylum seekers can't claim benefits, so whatever the why and wherefors on the validity of her asylum application, a qualified nurse working in a nursing home is hardly the crime of the century is it?

your quite good at advocating law breaking aernt you.

your quite good at advocating law breaking aernt you.

Am I really? Would you like to point to that evidence please?

Following this case, this could be next: Hypothetical Scenario.

Just seen this on the news:

A boat carrying more that seven thousand asylum seekers from Zimbabwe has docked at Southampton.

The asylum seekers have little or no legal papers and cannot be officially identified. Posing problems of criminals, murders and rapist and even terrorist entering the country.

Most have cholera, and most are HIV Positive or have full blown AIDS. They have no money and no means of support, the British Government have stated that the asylum seekers are welcome to stay and priority housing will be allocated otherwise we would breach their human rights and we cannot send them back to Zimbabwe. Council housing lists will be suspended while the asylum seekers are housed.

An emergency support fund has been released from public and lottery funding to help them adjust.

A government spokesman said “Although the NHS Hospital care for the all Cholera and AIDS sufferers will be a strain on resources and many services will suffer, we will ensure care for all”. Other contagious diseases have been identified on some of the asylum seekers.

It has been reported that at least two hundred asylum seekers run from the ship when it docked before officials reached the ship. With the risk of diseases and the unknown identities of the people we must consider them dangerous and a threat to public safety. Police have issues a public warning not to approach them.

Just starts with one person,

It's easy to see how you got your name.

No more crazy scenarios or partings of the Red sea please.

The walls are not going to come tumbling down, if this terrified woman and her daughters who have lived here legally and peacefully for 8 years is allowed to stay.

This woman who was totured and raped by members of the Zimbabwean regime, her husband and other family members were tortured and murdered by members of this regime. She and her daughter have become well liked

Am I really? Would you like to point to that evidence please?

Your whole tone seems to be that hey shes working but so what doesnt matter if she is breaking the law and working?,same with her immigration status you seem to think its ok to break the law as well .

Tell you what I will give you the opportunity to answer me again seeing as you didnt the last time,do YOU think its ok to break the law?yes or no will suffice.:thumbsup:

Your whole tone seems to be that hey shes working but so what doesnt matter if she is breaking the law and working?,same with her immigration status you seem to think its ok to break the law as well .

Two points. I was addressing your point about her working in a nursing home as 'throwing a whole new light' on this lady. Had there been evidence to suggest that she had been engaged in criminality against the person, then the post may well have illuminated the debate.

Secondly, I've been very careful to make little comment on her immigration status, I'm not in possession of sufficient facts to have an opinion, one way or another.

Tell you what I will give you the opportunity to answer me again seeing as you didnt the last time,do YOU think its ok to break the law?yes or no will suffice.:thumbsup:

This is a three dimensional argument. The law breaking she's engaged in has been created due to her status, she isn't legally entitled to work because of her status. If it was against the law for people to work, then again I'd have some sympathy with your argument.

To answer your question no, I don't support law breaking, but since asylum seekers breaking the law in order to work is a moot point, I'm not sure you're barking up the right tree.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/dec/14/ruling-frees-asylum-seeker-work

Personally I wouldn't pursue people who take advantage of the office paper clips, but technically it's stealing and a breach of trust.

All this scaremongering about cholera is absolutely ridiculous. The risk of a cholera outbreak in Britain is zero. Cholera is transmitted mainly through contaminated drinking water. In this country we have a modern sanitary system and a safe, reliable supply drinking water. It has effectively been eradicated in Britain for over a century for precisely this reason.

Cholera can be effectively treated using Oral Rehydration Therapy sachets that cost a few pence each to produce. Some acute cases may be treated with antibiotics as well.

So let's agree it's a scandal that Zimbabwe has got into this mess, and let's try to help the victims - but let's stop the scaremongering, eh?

So let's agree it's a scandal that Zimbabwe has got into this mess, and let's try to help the victims - but let's stop the scaremongering, eh?

I agree its a scandal and I agree we should try to help the victims. Scaremongering doesnt help and people with any common sense on this thread would see through that (I put myself in this catagory).

Do you think we would be helping the victims if we open our borders to anyone from Zimbabwean discent? Is this the answer? I doubt you will say yes. How then, can you say this one persons case is stronger than the next?

Why is it so easy to book a ticket to U.K.But so complicated to book a flight somewhere else?

Does this woman have visible evidence of torture?

Glossy brochures no!Glossy visions yes.It's common knowledge that the U.K.is the land of milk n honey and the streets are paved with tax-payers gold.

I've picked your post to quote because it illustrates the problem.

If that's the common knowledge about the UK then the common knowledge is wrong.

Asylum seekers in the UK have to survive on around £40 per week which is significantly below the poverty line. If you wanted a European speaking nation that has more generous asylum support you could go to Belgium or Denmark - or if you wanted an English-speaking one, Ireland.

I think the reason people are fixating on this is that the press stories don't explain why Priviledge came to the UK, and she's obviously not here to explain it herself. Someone earlier in the thread stated that she had relatives here, which would make perfect sense. If I was fleeing to another country I'd want to be sure there was someone I could stay with so I didn't end up on the streets.

What would your reaction be if say tomorro the Star news main headline was.."300 illegal immigrants,(Africans)rounded up by police in Sheff to be deported,would your thoughts be different from the the lady in question?

Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. Asylum seekers have done the right thing and declared to the Government that they are here, and that it's too dangerous for them to return to their country of origin. Illegal immigrants have not and are hiding from the authorities. Let's stop using the two terms interchangeably as a by-word for "foreigners"!

You're neighbour has an identity crisis Kal. You're remarkably well informed about their spending habits, why would they share that kind of information with you?

I don't know many people that discuss the detail of their expenditure, particularly when it might be seen as unpopular. Did you share with them the fact that your BNP subs were increasing?

Incidentally most members of the population pay basic rate tax, but there are many affluent immigrants who are professionals and business owners who pay substantial amounts in tax and create jobs for members fo the indigenous population.

No, i just asked this Somalian, why he was always awash with these receipts and cash, when he was supposed to have been disabled from the civil war. He told me the majority of Somalians, expecially those on benefits used transfer agencies to send money home.

The Pakistani, is always bugging me to give him a life to Manchester, he told me because lots of people from his village called Mirpur in Pakistan, fly PIA, so he can use these couriers to hand over cash at the other end.

Why would these two have a problem discussing this with me?? What has the BNP got to do with it? I know you are black and from a criminal background but it looks like you really have got your wires twisted.