! Do You Know This Man? ! Beware

Asst Mod Note.

There are over 20 unhelpful/trolling threads removed from this discussion, as my mother said "If you dont have anything nice (in this case helpful) to say, then don't say anything"

Thanks

Asst Mod Note.

There are over 20 unhelpful/trolling threads removed from this discussion, as my mother said "If you dont have anything nice (in this case helpful) to say, then don't say anything"

Thanks

Its dificult sometimes! This is something that could affect anyone in our area if not brought to our attention - then someone comes and takes the thread off track but sufficiently annoys you to goade you into replying.

It makes you no better, but you reply all the same.

As it happens, it seems in the paper the last day or two, more then one of these guys operating - and I read about a yet another on this very forum today also - so its obviously something that does need exposing.

As one of the "unhelpful" 20 I apologise!!

In other words politely stick one on him!:hihi::D

then he has a claim and the op is doing porridge for chrimbo.

RE, Watch out for this idiot! I'm sure this is the same person whoe ripped my parents off, he was ripped their kitchen out, took all the plaster of the walls and they had no water or sink for three months. And at that time my father was ill, with having had a stroke. We never found out how much he received, but we think it over £3000 and my mother was very scared of him. It took an argument between my mother and me and my husband to get rid of him. SO PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS MAN!

i remember in the early/mid 80s we had a gas fire fitted a friend of ours told us dont go to gas company you can save some money just get someone out of paper we did he told us.

so i did, they came round put this gas fire in, we had got off a friend of ours not the one that said get someone out of paper

when they had gone i thought it did not look right it seemed low but never had a gas fire before only coal fire so thought maybe it gets better when its been on a bit

it had been put in about half an hour when my hubbys friend came over to see him he said the fire didnt look right, i told him i thought it didnt and as i went to the corner of the room noticed that our 2 zebra finches where dead

i tried to get the people that put in the gas fire but this woman said she just took phone calls for them and made appointment and i told her what happened

i got on to gas company who came out and condemed the gas fire saying it was no good and they should not have put it in, they also had not put the fire in properly they had not put a back plate on which they are suppose to.

they then went to check the rest of the gas appliences the cooker they said was faulty the oven on it they condemed as it was leaking gas and when they checked our gas meter that was also leaking gas

they said we were very lucky, but if we had not had the fire put in we would never have known about the other things as well. i kept telling my hubby everytime i put money in gas meter i could smell gas but when he went to it he couldnt smell it told me i was imagining things.

I think I should make clear that the company in the OP were not a cheap alternative. They were a company that gave contracts (just didn't fulfill them), assured of legal registrations, were asked to stop working (just carried on regardless - for instance; we awoke one Sunday morning to find a man digging a huge hole at the front of our house underneath our bay which was not requested), quotations, invoices and receipts were all received......

This man has a huge list of people he duped, and people who attempted to do the right thing by employing someone with a contract... unfortunately, it offer no protection legally. It doesn't matter what lengths you take to ensure a good job... if they want to take the money and run... they can, there is no law against that, someone has to die or almost die for any kind of action to be taken.

Andrew Goodison has gotten away with it again. I know him (not through choice) He will be laughing his head off, it will be water off a ducks back to him. He cant pay the fine as he is bankrupt, he should have received a more severe sentence hes a nasty piece of work

Titian, thanks for posting this.

It's what SF should be for - local information. Very useful to know :thumbsup:

Below taken from the official HSE press release at the nds.coi.gov.uk website (HSE press office)

Anyone who has had any gas work done by Andrew Goodison since April 2007 are asked to contact the HSE in Sheffield on 0114 291 2332.

Will he be re-appearing on Watchdog anytime soon?

:help:

I thik his face should be placed on posters, so others can see who he is and then if he does try to do work again (which he will) people will be more likely to stop him.

Just watched it. £1500 fine and 3 years conditional discharge.