A mini rant about John Lewis

I'm happy to pay over the odds for the pleasure of shopping in a store that's not full of chavs and where the staff are polite ,helpful and know something about what they are selling.We have lost too many stores already by price being the most important thing.

Never undersold is bullsh*t! The fact is you can't buy the products anywhere else, all their electrical appliances have a different John Lewis serial number to the OME.
nooooooooo. They are on the ISTEL system so they can obtain any product from any manufacturer they deal with. They have a limited number of exclusive lines with specific manufacturers - but nowhere near as many as Comet do (and you mean model numbers, not serial numbers, as those are individual to one specific machine)

The matter here is not one of 'issue to treat' etc.

It is an issue that falls under trading standards and misleading pricing.

If more than one label is on an item, the question arises as to which one is correct.

Correct to say that the store is not obliged to sell at the lower price, but they then open themselves up to prosecution under trading standards regulations.

But the lower priced ticket wasn't on display. Thats how I read the OP anyway, feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

Take it back to JL and complain, threaten to involve trading standards, as putting a higher price sticker over the lower price is illegal.

putting a lower price sticker over a higher price is not

No its not :loopy:

John Lewis are definitely not above playing underhand when it comes to beating their competition.

I wanted an item which they alleged to be out of stock - reason because a competitor had reduced that product by over 50% and i only came back in to stock AFTER JLPs competitor's special offer was finished. When I then complained to the Dept Manager they most reluctantly agreed to match their special offer price AFTER I kicked up merry hell and threatened to report the incident to Trading Standards.

I once bought a telly from there, 6 weeks after it was delivered went to order a video (this was a while back) just mentioned in passing conversation that I'd seen the telly cheaper in Comet, they gave me the difference and 20% extra, so I got the video for free, well worth it :thumbsup:

Take it back to the shop and ask them to put a big price tag over it again.

never undersold eh?

:)

The JL phrase is: Never knowingly undersold and it has to be within a reasonable distance and not on the internet!