"I saw a genckleman at the hospickle..." STOP THIS MADNESS!!

It's so disheartening when you've spent an hour working on pronunciation & grammar with a 17 year old to hear him as he goes into the corridor, shouting to his mate : "Hey, Bro, bin in a class innit?"

Surely you recognise the existence of contextual idiolects? I bet you have a telephone voice.

I dislike it when people go all "official" on the phone and start using superfluous words like "yourself" in an effort to sound "customer service oriented".

Hey....that's nuffink. When I first landed in Sheffield I was called LUV:shocked:

Jeez he was a big muvva!

My hubby has always called everyone..(including men) love..as he's 6ft 2 and 17 stone no one gets the wrong idea..:hihi:

I really dislike being called "mate" from people who aren't my friends. Salesmen do it mostly. I don't want to be called sir, but there is a certain formality to stopping me in the street.

I really dislike being called "mate" from people who aren't my friends. Salesmen do it mostly. I don't want to be called sir, but there is a certain formality to stopping me in the street.

It's in common use in the South and more accepted there like 'marra' in the North East, I can live with these easier than love and duck though neither are particularly disliked.

I had a home economics teacher who used to say "miwk bockle" instead of milk bottle.

I assumed it was some sort of speech impediment? It still used to annoy me mind you.

I also find it annoying when people add OH and EH at the ends of things, "Trolleh" "fivoh" I cringed on the bus when a chavette called out her daughters name with OH on the end. I forget the name now but damn these people.

Probably been done but, how did your socks get so wet, I walked through a puggle

Last year I was in London and had a black guy say to me "Can I just axe you sumpink"

and God, I absolutely hate axe instead of ask