Sign in to follow this  

Last Minute Holidays

You could always try the holiday hypermarket,or what ever its called at the drake house retail park near crystal peaks.My sister and her boyfriend go away on quite a few last min ute holidays and they always book them there.

Try the auction pages on http://www.lateescapes.com. Got four star accomm in Tenerife for £100 each! Other guests had paid £400. The price listed is for the total holiday, not per person. Last time i looked they had mainland

Spain for about £50 each.

Unfortunately, Tenerife was not the place I remembered it from my first holiday away at 18!! Or perhaps I wasn't as fussy then!

Thanks for the helpful replies. Halevan thanks for your reply I feel soooo much better about flying now!

Anyway we have booked the holiday. We went down to that holiday hypermarket place at drakehouse on saturday and we have book 7 days in Es Cana, Ibiza.

We have paid £450 each for 3* all inclusive, including travel insurance, in flight food and coach transfers.

It seems quite reasonable to me.

So anyone ever been to Ibiza, Es Cana in particular if so what was it like?

Originally posted by halevan

People who fly these days have got a death wish, cache of shoulder launched missiles have been found that can easily bring down an aeroplane

destined for use by Al-quaida, and it is known that they are planning another spectacular strike similar to 9/11. Why should I pay good money to take a ridiculous chance on a plane, knowing what could happen.

The same problem is also with Cruise ships, because the terrorists are planning to attack those, which? when? who knows? thanks but no thanks, I will holiday in this country and take my chance with the weather.

a life lived in fear is a life half lived.

and steelblade: you paid £450 after we all gave you bargain basement advice?! ah well it was you're boyfriend's money so who cares!!!

never been to ibiza, but did majorca this time last year and it was quite peaceful and hot - have a great hol!

We could have gone cheaper but it seemed only if we went allocation on arrival and after talking about it we decided we would rather pay a bit more and know exactly where we would be staying.

Anyway whats the point of money if you don't spend it.

I know what you mean about living in fear. I am petrified of flying but I refuse to let my fear hold me back from seeing other countries. I have my valium and hopefully that should see me through it! :lol:

Originally posted by steelblade

Anyway whats the point of money if you don't spend it.

I know what you mean about living in fear. I am petrified of flying but I refuse to let my fear hold me back from seeing other countries. I have my valium and hopefully that should see me through it! :lol:

If money's not a problem skip the valium and order a bottle of champagne as soon as you get on and ask for it to be served as soon as possible after take off. That way you'll have something to look forward to rather than worrying about the flight. Doesn't matter what time of day, we've had one at 7 a.m. and it works for us.

Does anyone have any numbers or the names of any firms which travel to Manchester Airport, pretty cheapish.

We went by train last time but the trains being as unreliable as they are means we don't want to risk it, plus they are not that cheap.

Coach travel isn't really an option we want, it takes too long and the times we want are not available.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mikey I just called them but they said they don't cover Sheffield.

Try BMIbaby.com

not sure about this time of year but around Xmas they had some fantastic deals!!

Al :)

Hi,

Could anyone give me web sites for late deal holidays that cover the med/canary islands. thinking of booking some sun soon, need a nice tan and break

Cheers

Zed

Try all the tour operators - first choice, my travel, thomson, bargainholidays.co.uk (I think it's .co.uk if not must be .com) or expedia.co.uk alternatively just google "late deals to the canaries". If you wanted to "do it yourself" instead or going through a tour operator you could book your flights through any of the aforementioned or skydeals.co.uk or cheapestflight.co.uk or even use a budget airline if you want to go to the costas etc. You can then use alpharooms.com or hotels.com for accommodation.