Serious Sam - Suitable for a 10 year old?

Just wondered what people think. It is rated 15 however my son plays it at his friend's on a playstation rated at 12. You can turn off the blood and although it is an OTT shoot-up game, it is against monsters and robots.

What do people think?

If it's rated at 12 or 15, then surely it must have some content considered unsuitable for a child of 10?

Just wondered what people think. It is rated 15 however my son plays it at his friend's on a playstation rated at 12. You can turn off the blood and although it is an OTT shoot-up game, it is against monsters and robots.

What do people think?

My dad wouldn't let me play games like that when i was a kid, but i still did. If you ban your son from playing them he almost certainly still will with his friends. It's not like its doing any real harm, plus it's a pretty good game too bo be fair.

I think it's mindless shooting and i got board to the back teeth with it on the PC.

I haven't played the PS one but the PC one was just shooting oversized bugs and zombies etc..

What do people think?

Just use your own judgement with your own child, it depends how easily influenced he is really. If he's a bright, sensible kid and the content is not too "real" i.e. shooting monsters and robots instead of people, I think I'd be okay with it.

Although I would have nightmares about that giant spider :hihi:.

Thanks. I think he can handle it. Why are boys so obsessed with guns though?

It's a decent game, if a bit "seen it all before" unoriginal, standard FPS with fancy weapons, but it'll run on a low spec machine without having to turn any features off, which is what attracted me to it initially.

It's a decent game, if a bit "seen it all before" unoriginal, standard FPS with fancy weapons, but it'll run on a low spec machine without having to turn any features off, which is what attracted me to it initially.

Rich if you like your games go on board.com and search for zombie wars, its rubbish made but very addictive. I even got on the scorboard!!!