WARNING --Tarmac scammers are back

beware of an outfit calling themselves Northern Asphelt ,they are operating the old tarmac scam

could you be more specific?, whats the tarmac scam?

beware of an outfit calling themselves Northern Asphelt ,they are operating the old tarmac scam

Didn't know they had ever been away. Do they do phelt roofing too?

That's nearly funny.:thumbsup:

could you be more specific?, whats the tarmac scam?

the tarmac scam is they give you a misleading quote ,that seems good value then ask for 10 times as much as you misheard .then you are threatened with violence if you don't pay

sometime last year i did some work for a chap through his insurance company. the bloke told me the year before he had his driveway done by cowboys. they put down half of the amount of stone and tarmac, the final price was not what they agreed on. anyway they told him that he wouldnt see his wife and kids again if he went to the police and his house would be empty when he got home.........

They probably do lead roofing......

Somebody called at our house yesterday wantin to know if we wanted tarmac, little irish fellow, i asked him who he was and he just said its simon, like i knew him. Dunno if it was same person driving some kind of silver people carrier? possibly a kia.

hmm I wonder who is doing this?

Robbing ****'s. when will people learn.The voice might give you a clue,If not you deserve been robbed,Wake up and smell the coffee.

you've hit the nail on the head frogger74, if someone wants to buy something or work done on property don't sit there and wait for some dodgy sales person to come along including ****'s. get out there and have a look for a guaranteed right price.

these are gypsys and thay do tarmac/blockpaving/roofing, upvc and gardening and they will scam you out of every penny you have got.

They will threaten you and will do all sorts to you for money but threaten these ***** with the police as they arescared of the police. I worked with them many years ago but i am a genuine person so know all tricks in book.my advice- dont take any work off cold callers, even cheap quotes as thats how they make the money as they make a small job into a big job.

Not all travellers are irish, english are the worst and whatever paperwork they show you offering cheap quotes and 10 years guarentes- take no notice.

If in need of any work and are warey of the building company please ask for references of pervious work. most of these free numbers (0800) are travellers- they buy a free number for about £50 and are currently round sheffield scamming now.go with someones recomendations through family or friends and that way you get a good job done.