The Flaming Dragon, Centertainment

I think it depends on occasion. Whilst I wouldn't go there for an anniversary or birthday meal, I would go there for some nosh before the cinema, or just to have a catch up with my friends. Doesn't mean I don't have taste ;)

That is exactly what we do.

It's just more convenient to get something to eat there and go straight to the cinema. And that is the reason why they can charge so much - it's convenience food.

It isn't the greatest but I wouldn't say it's terribly poor.

I went on a Saturday and it was packed, you had to push to get near the food and the queues of people made it really slow to get to a dish that you wanted. I didn't think it was any better than other Chinese buffets and quality wasn't that good. Guess being that busy shows how popular it is but I wouldn't hurry to go again.

Sorry! :hihi:

I much prefer it to the other two, let me know what you think!

I have to say I really enjoyed it, at first I was a bit overwhelmed by how busy it was but it soon quietened down. The food was very nice and tasty and I did make my self feel rather sick I eat that much ooopss!. :hihi:

Ive been a few times, and unlike some of the 'snobs', I do eat at rather expensive resteraunts, but this is great as a 'last minute' thing or as some say just before the cinema/concert. Thought the food was great, the beer is typically like most resteraunts, like water, but all in all, not a bad place and will be going again.

Stop being so snobbish and trying to make yourselfs sound posher than you are. You live in Sheffield for god sake

Ive been a few times, and unlike some of the 'snobs', I do eat at rather expensive resteraunts, but this is great as a 'last minute' thing or as some say just before the cinema/concert. Thought the food was great, the beer is typically like most resteraunts, like water, but all in all, not a bad place and will be going again.

Stop being so snobbish and trying to make yourselfs sound posher than you are. You live in Sheffield for god sake

Couldn't have said it better.

I like Flaming Dragon, however for just a couple of quid more I have to recommend going to Wong Ting on Matilda Street off The Moor where you can have a nice sit down meal, eat all you want, and its brought out fresh to your table.

Flaming dragon has gone down hill in my eye's! used to be great, but now the prices have gone stupidly expensive AND also did you know they fill the dishes up with loads of oil to bulk the dish out and making you get full faster!! jumbo in town also do it!!

Flaming dragon has gone down hill in my eye's! used to be great, but now the prices have gone stupidly expensive AND also did you know they fill the dishes up with loads of oil to bulk the dish out and making you get full faster!! jumbo in town also do it!!

I agree. We were going to go the other day prior to going to the cinema but as it was now £12.99 each plus the overpriced drinks on top of that, we decided to give it a miss. Pity because we used to like it but now i think it's overpriced for what it is.

I know it's still not too bad for a sit down meal but the price is now in the range of other, better restaurants so they may lose out to them.

Edited by Lee2

I used to like it but like many others the increase in price has put me off. I have been twice in the past couple of months and the quality of food does not seem to be as it was when it first opened.

We're going tomorrow lunchtime. I've been in evenings but never at lunch. Is there a lot less food choice or much the same as evening?