What is the Speed Limit on Carlisle Street?

I know beansforyou and I know FOR A FACT that he has 9 points for speeding. The last 3 points were added in May 08. Maybe this is why he is forced to sick to the limit (or even stay well below it!)

Bless

hehe Troll alert - you know the he? has 9 points? :rolleyes: fallen at the first hurdle. ;)

You’re wasting you breath. I don't think Beanie can hear you perched on top of that incredibly high horse!

;)

You'd be amazed at what I hear ;)

It's not stupid, it's the law. You had changed roads and knew there were no speed limit signs on the new road, so instead of following the highway code you chose to carry on at the speed limit set for a totally different road.

another post by someone who knows sod all. if your on a road doing one speed and the speed limit is changed, even if you go off that road, then there has to be adiquate signage or the driver is to presume that the speed limit is the same.

May I suggest you get a copy of the highway code yourself.

even the prossicution conceded that point and were ready to chuck the case out. only down to me going guilty is what did me. the thought of travelling back and forth to contest a £30 fine seemed pointless. my only regret were the points but they are the first 3 points ive had in over 20 years.

If you mean doing 30 in a 40 just because it won't take much longer then I invite you to try doing this while on a driving test!! You would fail for not making good progress!

You'd only fail if the road was signposted as a 40 - in which case you'd be doing upto 40, because in order to pass your test you have to be observant enough to see road signs at a certain distance.

If the road was a 40 but wasn't sign posted as such, how would the instructor expect you to know it was a 40? just out of curiousity? - I don't think psychic powers are part of the test just yet.

*Saddles up ~ Yee Haw*

another post by someone who knows sod all. if your on a road doing one speed and the speed limit is changed, even if you go off that road, then there has to be adiquate signage or the driver is to presume that the speed limit is the same.

May I suggest you get a copy of the highway code yourself.

even the prossicution conceded that point and were ready to chuck the case out. only down to me going guilty is what did me. the thought of travelling back and forth to contest a £30 fine seemed pointless. my only regret were the points but they are the first 3 points ive had in over 20 years.

Well, we were obviously taught by very different instructors, I was taught what I have stated, and I drive by that, with my clean license and all.

I just hope to god you don't come off a NSL road into a 30 and there's no 'adequate' signage.

I'll never understand peoples need to get personally abusive because their opinions may differ to someone elses, does being rude make you somehow right? or is it just lack of articulation?

I wonder if people are as courteous when driving as they are when posting on here.

You'd only fail if the road was signposted as a 40 - in which case you'd be doing upto 40, because in order to pass your test you have to be observant enough to see road signs at a certain distance.

If the road was a 40 but wasn't sign posted as such, how would the instructor expect you to know it was a 40? just out of curiousity? - I don't think psychic powers are part of the test just yet.

*Saddles up ~ Yee Haw*

:lol: The amazing highway code, thats how :lol:

hehe Troll alert - you know the he? has 9 points? :rolleyes: fallen at the first hurdle. ;)

Ha Ha, You know who I am. Let's just say we work very close to each other. You know who I am. Shame about the 9 points LOL

Try reading the highway code.

I did thanks. And passed my test. I was answering a post with the correct answer. Unlike you, just having a dig for no reason.

I did thanks. And passed my test. I was answered a post with the correct answer. Unlike you, just having a dig for no reason.

Agree 100% He's a bus driver so will be a little slow on the uptake. Give him a few days and he'll realise he's wrong

Ha Ha, You know who I am. Let's just say we work very close to each other. You know who I am. Shame about the 9 points LOL

yes, of course we do....

I don't know who you think I am or are pretending to think I am, but I can assure you, i'm not :lol:

I know beansforyou and I know FOR A FACT that he has 9 points for speeding. The last 3 points were added in May 08. Maybe this is why he is forced to sick to the limit (or even stay well below it!)

Bless

You changed your gender Beans????? :hihi:

Jayne

It's 30 along there. There is actually a speed sign that lights up if you exceed 30 going from town towards the petrol station at the end.

I've never seen a speed camera van on there and I use the road alot!

Hope you wasn't caught out. I needed the police this week and no one came out as there were "busy" (I can guess what they were doing!)

I think you will find that its the safety camera partnershp thevan belongs to, not south yorkshire police :rant: