Montgomery hotel

does anyone have any memories of the montgomery hotel

A couple of wedding receptions in the 70's - one where the grooms brother kept trying to tell a joke about the sexual life of a camel and another with two drunken geordies standing on the dining table singing.

remember a wedding when waiter fell flat on his face with wedding cake ,

the reps getting hussled at cardsand snooker by jasper ,

take a bird and a room for a tenner,

meeting barney eastwood there ,

john barrett , jasper , alan hardy , malcolm seargeant ,bob english , ray morgan , jim fothergill ,alfie hogg , jebby ,bone head ,alick fidler , bill fidler ,tony barrett ,bob green ,barry darcey,this list goes on and on ,

etc etc .

john barrett the owner has just got 12 months , bone head [mick staley] dropped dead last year , ray morgan is living at shortferry near bardney .

had some right laughs in that place .

by the way berk ,did you find your dad and brother ?.

also remember when we all used to go to the fiesta in benidorm , second saturday in november .

my father used to take me, when I visited him, alex the names you mentioned I recognise a few ! another character I rember was "potty john"

No, not much luck finding or new info with regards my old man, i hope he`s alive and well. will keep trying. have heard on the forum he has suffered ill health of late. I have had no contact since the early 90`s. someone mentioned my brothers name and thought he was doing time !

potty john , is john oran , russell flemmings brother , living in london last I heard .

not heard anything about bob being ill but will enquire for you . also will try to find where he moved to after he left town end .

just to add , if anyone contacts john oran ,tell him his pal brian williams died in thailand two weeks ago, brian was with harrold pressley when he died in thailand and now the same thing has happened to him .

Did a couple of Wedding Reception Disco nice venue

i worked in the kitchen for a few months in 1981 till some french t--t threw a plate at me and got one back....i liked that job...remember a bloke called charlie (chef) top bloke he was....a women on reception called the rabbitt...

could never work out what was downstairs until someone told me..i was 16 and green.....if i ever went to romeo's i was told to just tell the bouncers i was john and barrys friend..think the manager at the time was abloke called brian......me dad told me the moto there was hear nothing,see nothing,say nothing....

i worked in the kitchen for a few months in 1981 till some french t--t threw a plate at me and got one back....i liked that job...remember a bloke called charlie (chef) top bloke he was....a women on reception called the rabbitt...

could never work out what was downstairs until someone told me..i was 16 and green.....if i ever went to romeo's i was told to just tell the bouncers i was john and barrys friend..think the manager at the time was abloke called brian......me dad told me the moto there was hear nothing,see nothing,say nothing....

not sure but think brians name may have been harker .

the downstairs was the worst kept secret in sheffield .

not sure but think brians name may have been harker .

the downstairs was the worst kept secret in sheffield .

Was it illegal gambling?

Was it illegal gambling?

no..........................

i worked there from january 1982 until late 1989... hmm funny about the waiter one... yep mad jaques.... jb once locked him in the fridge... downstairs one side is where i lived and the other well some nice ladies shall we say ... i bet i know you alex... the halloween parties we used to have there were good as well