Rather an embarrasing flea problem

Hi, I have been cleaning up my house today and having a sort out. In my living room I have a woolie 'shaggy' rug, I havent had it that long it was brand new in August.

I was sat on the rug today sorting bits out, and a got a flea on me:gag:

So I got up and rolled up the rug and sprayed the rug with some household flea spray.

Now for the last few weeks I have noticed a fair few fleas about, I got a kitten not so long ago and realised when I got her home that she was covered in fleas. Since treating her and my other cat and my dog and my house! I cant seem to get rid of them.

Could anyone reccomend me some good flea treatments for my pets and house? If so the website/price...? cheers

My friend had the same problem - we went to the vets and got frontline for the cats, and a household flea spray. It was a large can, don't think you can get it anywhere except from a vets. Sorry I can't remember the name, but vets should be able to help you. Unfortunately, I think her problem was too far gone, and she ended up having the council out to spray her house. It cost her, but it worked straight away :)

Hi, I have been cleaning up my house today and having a sort out. In my living room I have a woolie 'shaggy' rug, I havent had it that long it was brand new in August.

I was sat on the rug today sorting bits out, and a got a flea on me:gag:

So I got up and rolled up the rug and sprayed the rug with some household flea spray.

Now for the last few weeks I have noticed a fair few fleas about, I got a kitten not so long ago and realised when I got her home that she was covered in fleas. Since treating her and my other cat and my dog and my house! I cant seem to get rid of them.

Could anyone reccomend me some good flea treatments for my pets and house? If so the website/price...? cheers

Found you this site, i use hyperdrug, hope this helps

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/searchprods.asp

Another vote for Frontline. Don't bother with the crappy herbal alternatives and personally don't frontline every month unless your cat has lots of contact with others. I have not had to do Binky once this year.

Take an axe to your boiler.

With no heating, the fleas will soon die off (or bugger off, either suits me)

Okay, there is a downside, icicles hanging from your eyelashes etc...

But from cold experience, I know it eradicates fleas on cats!

I has fleas on my cats about a year ago bloody awful things! Luckily I knew what to look for (found some little dark specs after the cat had been laying on my bed and immeditly got a damp tissue-showed up as red/brown smudges - flea feceas - so I knew it was fleas!).

I bought all sorts as frontline seemed to be quite expensive so I went to the pet shops for the house spray/collars, flea powder/spray and well as combing the cats 2/3 times a day and 3 weeks later we still had them-there wasn't many as I caught them early but all the flea stuff didn't make any impact except to stop them getting more numerous!

In exhasperation I finally got the Frontline stuff and within 2 weeks they were gone- so I ended up spending about £40 on rubbish and £20 on the proper stuff!

You can buy it here at http://www.petmeds.co.uk-they do a lowest price guarantee and free delivery-mine get done every couple of months now!

I has fleas on my cats about a year ago bloody awful things! Luckily I knew what to look for (found some little dark specs after the cat had been laying on my bed and immeditly got a damp tissue-showed up as red/brown smudges - flea feceas - so I knew it was fleas!).

I bought all sorts as frontline seemed to be quite expensive so I went to the pet shops for the house spray/collars, flea powder/spray and well as combing the cats 2/3 times a day and 3 weeks later we still had them-there wasn't many as I caught them early but all the flea stuff didn't make any impact except to stop them getting more numerous!

In exhasperation I finally got the Frontline stuff and within 2 weeks they were gone- so I ended up spending about £40 on rubbish and £20 on the proper stuff!

You can buy it here at http://www.petmeds.co.uk-they do a lowest price guarantee and free delivery-mine get done every couple of months now!

yes frontline is the best thats what i use on all mine.