Best games this xmas

I'm planning to rent Gears 2 at some point, it's in my rental list on boomerang games rental anyway.

The 360 version of Dead Space looks decent, might try and rent that as well.

I'm planning to rent Gears 2 at some point, it's in my rental list on boomerang games rental anyway.

The 360 version of Dead Space looks decent, might try and rent that as well.

Could not wait to play Gears 2 so i rented it, and i'm impressed :thumbsup:

Not sure about Dead Space cannot make my mind up!

Don't play Dead Space late at night with the lights low and your surround sound 5.1 system cranked up. Not unless you don't value your underwear.

Looking forward to Resident Evil 5 comming out on 360 and Wheelman looks pretty good but Santa won't be bringing them this Xmas. Fifa 09, Call of Duty 5 and Gears 2 should keep me busy untill then. Wouldn't mind an Xbox 360 HD player (hint, hint) as now we have an HDMI telly would be nice to try it out.

Bluray players are sooooooo expensive.

I do so like Resident Evil but the last two i could not get on with the controlls found them clumsy!

Anybody played left for dead yet? if so whats it like?

Tomb Raider Underworld. The demo looks good so far.

Finished the demo now. It's great, though probably not for those whose main xbox entertainment is chainsaw amputation. Some dodgy camera angle issues though.

The new Silent Hill game looks interesting. Out on Boxing Day (allegedly).

This year I've kind of already bought the games I wanted off "Santa", however, seeing as I refuse on principle to pay £45 for a Karaoke "game", I want my Brother to buy me Lips on 360. £39.71 in Tesco, £44.99 in Game in Meadowhall last week.

I got lips £28 from asda last week and the one with the mics

yep need for speed undercover looks good.

I also like Halo 3 oh wait that was april

What is it with this forum and lack of taste?

I couldn't resist not buying the 'essentials' already (Gears 2, Resistance 2, LBP, Rock Band 2, Fable 2 and so on), which will tide me over until the ones that didn't quite make this year's cut (COD, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Banjo, Far Cry 2, L4D, Tomb Raider et al) are a tenner each in January.

Looking forward to Resident Evil 5 comming out on 360 and Wheelman looks pretty good but Santa won't be bringing them this Xmas. Fifa 09, Call of Duty 5 and Gears 2 should keep me busy untill then. Wouldn't mind an Xbox 360 HD player (hint, hint) as now we have an HDMI telly would be nice to try it out.

Bluray players are sooooooo expensive.

You do know they are not making any more films for it, yes?

Game prices are insulting, so much so i point blank refuse to pay them!

I go to CEX and get the game i want 2nd hand and save myself a small forutne!

some times the money i save is enough to get 2 games!

How are they insulting exactly? Fallout 2 = 100+ hours of gaming for £40. GTA4 = 50+ hours of gaming for £40. A new DVD = 2 hours of film for £15. Basic maths there.

And CEX are the biggest rip-off merchants in the world. £38 for a second hand game that's £40 new? Currently Play.com are doing Far Cry 2, Midnight Club, Prince Of Persia, Tomb Raider and a few others, all released within the last two months, for £17.99 new delivered. If you research your games before buying and know where to buy then they're never too expensive.

Avoid NFS undercover. On the plus side, it feels a bit more like most wanted did. That's it. Oh no wait, you do get an occasional mission to steal a car.

On the downside - you lose drift and drag races, and there is nothing new. Nothing. I got half way through and am bored of it. I'll be playing through GRID again next time I want to play a driving game.