MMORPG - Warcraft, LOTR, Runescape, Camelot etc. - Any players on here?

currently playing wow on and off... more of lvling for expansion incase i end up sticking with it. Looking forward to star wars and maybe final fantasy.. might give aion a try in the near future aswell.

not played warhammer since the first month of launch.. might give that another shot too.

I gave the freeplay fortnight a shot (during the shift over to the Mythic servers) and was pleasantly surprised at how much Warhammer Online had improved. The troubles through underpopulated servers making the public quests a waste were sorted, and it just felt like a more polished product....

However....

The shift to the US Mythic servers for hosting now means that monthly subscriptions are in US $, which means there may be fluctuations dependent on the exchange rate - so no guarantee of the price. At the time of the switch it actually meant that the sub had gone up by around £1 extra per month. This kind of put me off popping money down.

Anyway, my old guild have regrouped on WoW recently (we all began again on a new server), and are looking forward to the changes being brought in for Cataclysm. Seems strange that whilst each of us has a game we prefer to play (some have Conan, a few have LOTRO - of which I have a lifer sub - whilst others dabble with D&DO), as a group it is the very game that we all grew frustrated with about 2 years ago that brings us back together.

That said, I am looking forward to the surge on LOTRO when it goes free-to-play soon. The same price structure (micro transactions for casual players, or subs for dedicated ones) worked wonders in the US for D&DO.

I tried online gaming once, people just called me names and asked me to leave.

I tried online gaming once, people just called me names and asked me to leave.

Had similar experience whilst on Homeworld - even with the online gaming update some person stole my callsign in conversation so put me off ever since.

That said - Battle for Wesnoth

swarfendor43

Had similar experience whilst on Homeworld - even with the online gaming update some person stole my callsign in conversation so put me off ever since.

That said - Battle for Wesnoth

swarfendor43

I was on warcraft, it was the first time i've ever tried online gaming, jeez i was terrible, so embarrassing i was glad to leave. :D

I've played WoW since it came out and i'm still playing it now.

The problem for any new MMORPG is that they NEED to bring something new to the table. Blizzard have more money than anyone these days when it comes to this sort of thing. Therefore they can/have ironed out most problems and invested heavily in effects and gameplay.

I have spent a lot of time on Warhammer and recently Rift beta but none of them can compare to the polished end product that Blizzard have at this moment in time.

aaahhahahah 12 year olds asking to be your gf! xD !! we've all been there!! i signed up for a clan on runescape and on the website i gave my email address and it was on my profile and some horrible woman sent me a nude picture with an email that just said "spare me some rs gold?" i was just like -.-' ! wow.....

Has anyone tried Planetside 2? I like the idea of and FPS game combined with an MMO.

Yeah me and a few friends are playing Planetside 2, it's really good, like Battlefield but bigger. You have to play as a team though, playing as a lone wolf will just get you killed. I also downloaded the free Star Wars Old Republic, working my way through that, it's really polished and well put together. Did I mention it was free?

Yeah me and a few friends are playing Planetside 2, it's really good, like Battlefield but bigger. You have to play as a team though, playing as a lone wolf will just get you killed. I also downloaded the free Star Wars Old Republic, working my way through that, it's really polished and well put together. Did I mention it was free?

SW: Old Republic is free to play now? My oh my that's tempting. However don't think I can have a large section of my life sucked in by a MMORPG again. Every time I end up addicted, playing until max level then just packing it in.

I have got Planetside 2 installed. Not found anytime to play it yet, looking forward to it though.

Free to play MMOs seem less life draining than the subbed ones. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 quite casually.

If you not paying every month it's easier to just leave it. Kind of the opposite of people that use Gym membership costs as extra motivation to exercise.

SW: Old Republic is free to play now? My oh my that's tempting. However don't think I can have a large section of my life sucked in by a MMORPG again. Every time I end up addicted, playing until max level then just packing it in.

That's me through and through.. non-stop play till max level, then get bored with the hamster wheel grind at the 'end-game'.. so move onto something else.

SWTOR is F2P, and is terrible great for players like us, as you can plough through the different stories for each class for basically nothing, and SWTOR didn't do much in the scheme of things.. but it did tell a good story for soloing levellers, then just went all a bit bleh at end-game! :hihi: