Changes to Incapacity Benefit - about time too.

We all we agree that people are entitled to opinions, the problem with yours on this one iis that it isn't backed up by any evidence.

For it to be correct two G.P's will have had to have got cases wrong in over 50% of the time. Most people would acknowledge they can get it wrong, but not at that level.

I dont have to back my opinion up! No-one does!!! It is my opinion, if you dont like it, lump it!

I dont have to back my opinion up! No-one does!!! It is my opinion, if you dont like it, lump it!

True, but you have to acknowledge that when you come out with one as outrageous as this, then it is going to get challenged by people!

Interesting thread though, good luck to the government in trying to sort this one out.

I dont find it outragous at all. Go and live on a council estate and see all the scroungers that could work but find any excuse not to. How hard is it to go to a doctors and claim stress? or depression for example? and once again im not saying 'everyone' does this but I know alot of people who do, especially where I used to live. They give a sob story, and bingo, gp signs them off with depression/stress/anxiety. Its a easy one to fake!

Council estates are full of scroats of the earth who will come up with anything to have kids, have most things paid for and live in a council house drinking and smoking all day! It makes me sick!

Do not tell me what i know if fact or not!! Just like I wouldnt tell you!!! Yes my opinions are based on my personal experience and professional experience. And I stand by my opinion. Just as you stand by yours. Now leave me alone for godsake! Your directing your opinion in a nasty way towards me just because i disagree, so stop it. Now!

Ok, let's look at a few things you have told me and everyone else who has read the thread to be facts, using your position as a civil servant to emphasise them.

I do know the facts about 'people on benefits' I work for DWP and previously the Home Offce. I know the benefit system. And I have life experience of it as I lived on a council estate and spoke to hundreds on benefits. And if you think the people that 'play the system' are the minority then im sorry to correct you but you are misguided.

However please note I am not stereotyping everyone as I have always said 'some people'. But please dont be blind to the amount of people that do 'play the system' because unfortunately it is not anymore the minorty.

But once again Helleyrachel, this person hasnt said 'everyone' is a parasite (or falsly claiming which is a better term). He said 'he thinks a very small proportion is genuine' which is correct.

Its my opion based on working for the relevant government department, it is an opinion, however a very well informed one!

Now we've established that you haven't worked frontline with people who claim IB/ESA, and that on several occasions you have stated as fact from a professional point of view that the majority of claimants aren't genuine.

I contend that it's far from a well informed opinion, from my professional experience which is entirely relevant to the thread. If you think I've been nasty, then I apologise, but if you're going to post such outlandish claims, I do think you should back them up.

Now, any chance of some answers to several questions which posters have asked please?

Give me the specific questions? unlike you I am busy doing other things!

I dont find it outragous at all. Go and live on a council estate and see all the scroungers that could work but find any excuse not to. How hard is it to go to a doctors and claim stress? or depression for example? and once again im not saying 'everyone' does this but I know alot of people who do, especially where I used to live. They give a sob story, and bingo, gp signs them off with depression/stress/anxiety. Its a easy one to fake!

Council estates are full of scroats of the earth who will come up with anything to have kids, have most things paid for and live in a council house drinking and smoking all day! It makes me sick!

I do live on a council estate.

Give me the specific questions? unlike you I am busy doing other things!

They've all been asked directly to you earlier in the thread; you chose to ignore them.

How annoyed you must be to come home from a hard day at work and see what I used to see.

Yet another potentially interesting thread descends into personal digs, points-scoring, and one-upmanship.

Ho hum.........

How annoyed you must be to come home from a hard day at work and see what I used to see.

Not really. With regard to people who are off ill, the vast majority are ill, and so I'm glad there is a net for them. We'd be a pretty savage society if there wasn't one.

For those who are unemployed and on JSA (to go off topic for a minute), the ones you see are the loud minority. The others are the ones who try to buy half way decent grub, try and pay their bills, and apply for jobs.

They've got no cash left to be outside, drunk and loud.

Mod: I'm closing this thread.

As an earlier request by a moderator has been ignored, I see no point in adding another. If anyone feels strongly this thread should be reopened, please contact the Helpdesk.