Sign in to follow this  

Low Planes?

strange question..

but did anyone see that *really* low passenger jet fly over sheffield yesterday, around 3pm-ish?

ive noticed of late a few low planes in sheffield center and south... have the flight paths changed or something?

I reckon its the pilots way of showing his passengers the great city of Sheffield. I can here it now;

"On your right is the Millenium Galleries and the Winter Gardens, on your left is the disused Jessops hospital, and look theres dirty Anna looking for her next customer...everyone wave!!!"

Please note that geographical locations are not exact.

about 2 weekends ago some REALLY low military planes flew over Worksop way....

i thought worldwar 3 had broken out... they were SO low.

Sometimes the aircraft paths are altered due to different wind conditions. Also if a military aircraft is flying high or low nearby, its quite usual to clear the airspace around it.

There are hundreds of reasons why aircraft are low flying, last nite there must have been 4 or 5 different altitude aircraft mostly 737 and 747 flying over the top of sheffield. within a 30min interval, then the damn helicopter spent a while flying over.

Originally posted by kinkyjon

about 2 weekends ago some REALLY low military planes flew over Worksop way....

i thought worldwar 3 had broken out... they were SO low.

Thats quite a regular scenario out in the Dukeries and Lincs as its away from all the big Citys, but in Sheffield its a different matter.

About 3 months ago i was on my bike heading towards Hope and I could see what looked like to be a passenger jet above Mam Tor. It seemed only just above the hill top and was going so slow it was almost hovering.

Very unusual sight to see a large plane going so slow as it was in sight for a good while.

ok this might seem a daft question ,BUT where are the flight paths in terms to around sheffield,because where i live in the S20 area we see planes flying over to manchester i think

any body got any ideas on the flight paths of jets from the big airports

Just had a jet flying over very low over Shiregreen/Longley area 7.40ish it seemed to fly in a circle unless their were two of them :?

Must have been the same one that passed over here at about 7:30ish.. VERY low.

Chloé

DID U SEE RED ARROWS SATURDAY AFTERNOON OVER SHEFFIELD ABOUT 1400 HOURS

Originally posted by MARTINO 1

DID U SEE RED ARROWS SATURDAY AFTERNOON OVER SHEFFIELD ABOUT 1400 HOURS

No, but i can see a little key which says "Caps Lock" i suggest you press it ;)

Sheffields the 4th largest city in england,yet people still look up when they see a plane,i thought that was what people in Barnsley did.