Cheapest Christmas Tree in Sheffield?

That place in Mayfield Valley sounds good, can anyone tell us what it's called/exactly where it is?

If you come down Ringinglow from the Norfolk Arms, take the left hand turn and the farm is on the left. Not sure of the road name or farm name but you cant miss it as they have put signs up.

Any ideas folks? My OH insists we have one despite the fact that I detest christmas and evrything to do with it!

P.S I mean real trees not the plastic fantastic type!

We got a brilliant white artic xmas tree from poundstrecher for 10.99 its spot on, they have also got them for 12 quid in argos, reduced from 25 i think to 12 there both 6 footers aswell.

If you come down Ringinglow from the Norfolk Arms, take the left hand turn and the farm is on the left. Not sure of the road name or farm name but you cant miss it as they have put signs up.

Do you mean the same place which is selling turkeys advertised by means of a hay bale with a turkey's head stuck in the front of it? At the top of Hangram Lane?

We paid £45 for a 7ft tree from Ecclesall Saw Mill on Abbey Lane. Smaller trees of 5ft to 6ft were £35, but didn't look as good as the 7ft versions. We also tried Whirlow Hall Farm, they were £42 for 6ft trees but had sold out, and their 7ft trees were nearer 8ft and wouldn't fit under our lounge ceiling. We also saw 6ft trees at Sainsbury's for £29.99, but as they're all netted up, it's a gamble if you get one that has good even growth and spread).

I know we've probably paid top dollar for our tree, but we were able to choose a really perfect tree with the right spread and height that we wanted before it was netted up. We've always used an artificial tree before, but fancied a real one this year, so don't mind paying a bit extra for a really nice one. Oh, and coming down this morning to the smell of a real tree is a bonus as well.

The Ecclesall Sawmill also sell bases; £10 for a wooden one which is essentially a 6in thick log hollowed out to take the tree. We paid a bit extra and got a plastic one though which allows you to water the tree, which keeps it in better condition (which is recommended), plus you can then use it in future years which you can't guarantee with the wooden ones due to the varying size of tree trunks.

All trees I quoted above were Nordmann Fir, which are low needle drop.

And when you're done, Ecclesall mill will take the tree back for free to chip it, although I gather they're doing free chipping at St Luke's church in Lodge Moor on the 10th January, which is a lot nearer for us.

Do you mean the same place which is selling turkeys advertised by means of a hay bale with a turkey's head stuck in the front of it? At the top of Hangram Lane?

Yes, thats the place.

I paid £25 for a 6ft Nordman outside Morrison's in Hillsborough. The lad was really helpful too - the Mrs. had him messing around for ages finding the perfect tree and he remained good humoured throughout

i'm so stoked reading this. we picked up a beatutiful (and genuine - i.e. branches all the way up and not just a stalk to measure by) 6 foot tree yesterday at b n q. checked it over to look for even growth and spread etc. then wrapped it ourselves.

£9.77

LMFAO at spending 45 squid on a christmas tree.....

The £10 trees at B&Q do smell nice but they drop drop drop! First year we had a real tree we got one of those and never again.

Paid about £25 last year for a no drop one from B&Q and it was great, didn't smell but lasted all the way through.

aye granted it might drop a bit.... we had one last year tho and it was fine. i dont really like the look of the fatter needled non drop ones so much...

besides if it loses all the needles in a week i can buy three and a half more trees before getting to £45!

They have Nordmann firs at B&Q also, picked up a lovely 5ft one for £20!

Hi Purrball, yeah Nordmann Firs are the no drop ones I was referring to. Other half is getting ours today. Wonder if they'll be cheaper than last year, with all this credit squash business. I think the £45 price mentioned earlier in this thread is a little steep. £20-£30 is a better deal in my opinion.