Royal Mail

Is it just our street or are they going down the tubes?

We got our post at 17.05 yesterday.

we had the post of 2 houses down stuck through our front door as they have no front letterbox (every house uses the back doors round here)

Its consistantly after 13.30 and you get your stuff a day after you should do.

One big joke...

They are getting worse. We sometimes don't get our post until the afternoon, but 5.05pm is extracting the urine! :o

We have started collecting our mail at work otherwise its 1pm onwards which is absolute rubbish. It used to be 8.30 which was really impressive but now there is just one delivery we have been told we are halfway down the postie's pile.

I think its a general problem all over. At home its anytime between lunch and t-time.

:(

We got our mail at 16.05 in the 25 years I have lived in my house that is the latest it has ever been,the P/O is getting worse,my cousin is a Postman & I sympathise with them ,the weather they tramp around our streets in for a C**P wage & all the extra junk mail they have to carry,you would think the P/O would put some extra Posties on the routes seeing as they are shutting down post offices all over the country & saving all that extra money.

Well we were warned in a leaflet that deliveries would be later when single delivery was brought in. The latest mine has been delivered is 4pm.

I heard on the radio this morning that from 2006 the postal delivery service will be opened up to competition so we should see alternative post boxes springing up. Should be interesting to see what happens from then in.

I kinda like post coming late. means when packages come and the postman knocks (twice), its not so early that I am still in bed. at the end of the day, what MAJOR difference does it make if you read your post over the breakfast or dinner table. It still reads the same. Postmen and women are a lovely bunch of people too. Its just the agency staff who suck. We would all be complaining if the postage prices went up too, but thats whats gonna happen if you want better service.

Originally posted by robbie

Is it just our street or are they going down the tubes?

We got our post at 17.05 yesterday.

Post arrived yesterday at around 17:15!

I was online at the time and heard the letter-box clang - I thought it was someone delivering pizza leaflets as I'd long given up hope of any post!

I do feel really sorry for the poor posties though, having to cart around all that junk mail. They deserve extra money for lugging all the extra weight!

StarSparkle

Ours used to come around 0735, but now it comes at around 0945-1030.

Alex

The mail is getting worse. We seem to have a different postie every day. I think its due to the hills in Walkley. I've noticed when its your day off and you want a lay in, the postie always knocks the door really early. Sods law!

Originally posted by cazzaworld

The mail is getting worse. We seem to have a different postie every day. I think its due to the hills in Walkley. I've noticed when its your day off and you want a lay in, the postie always knocks the door really early. Sods law!

At least the postie knocks on your door - one of our regulars has *twice* opened my front door to see if there was anyone in because I didn't answer within ten seconds on him hammering on it!

First time, I gave him a mouthful. Second time my husband caught him. I really should complain, but what's the point? Royal Mail don't care about their customers - their constant decline in service proves that.

Royal Mail had the cheek to send a letter advising that they were getting rid of their second delivery during the day, where I live they've only had one delivery throughout the day for years!

Would agree with the other posts that it's not the postmen and women's fault, they were doing a fantastic job, it's the management who are to blame for the mess the RM is in. Time the Queen insisted on them removing the 'Royal' from their title, the whole company is a total disgrace.

Can't wait for the competition to come in, will mean that we will still receive a crap service wherever we post our mail, just more choice on who we wish to sh#t on us!