BREEZE@Norfolk Park

Strange, she told me that they didn't want to do that and was sitting it out because of the reason you put about new shops. The Council was to be taking over the Post Office so perhaps that's now a dead duck and she's changed her mind.

Bout time the TARA got up a petition about the scam.

I noticed some of the houses on Breeze were to be let to council tenants. They are on this weeks properties for Sheffield Homes. They are to be rented out by Places for People. I have had brushes with Places for People tenants before on another estate and this has put me off. Many were decent folk but there were some people you just wouldnt want to live nearby and these were by no means a minority. Fine if youre just renting, but if you are sinking your life savings and hard earned cash into buying a house, think this over. Find out who will be your neighbours.

Places for People took over the council houses and some of the new build. The rest were sold. The estate used to be pretty much entirely council but is now roughly a 50/50 split which works well. MUCH better than what it was

Thanks guys. We have decided to move to there. Well, at least we have paid the deposits to places for people. It seems they still have some contract problems with Gleenson. Not sure what it means. We have to be very patient and wait... To be fair, I don't like the idea of "rent to let", worrying what people they will bring in. But they said this program is not ready yet, who knows if they are lying?!:suspect:

I was going to buy one of the shared ownership ones, but the information coming from places for people was absolutely rubbish. It took me weeks to extract the price of the 4 beds from them, I put in an application form supplied by them, they decided it was the wrong form, I did the correct one when they sent it to me, it took ages to process and no one got back to me. But this week Reeds Rains at Banner Cross rang me, they had taken over the marketing of the shared ownership properties from Places for People, but by that time we had put a deposit on another house and got a mortgage for it.

Walked through the area past few fridays at night, no problems at all, not many people about. Even in the park.

Even in the park.

You make the park sound like a bad place :hihi:

I spend many a night in there with my dog or just alone taking photos.

Walked through the area past few fridays at night, no problems at all, not many people about. Even in the park.

The parks beautiful with a great respect for the wildlife (and I mean animals here!!)

Half lit, the other half in darkness for the foxes, owls, badgers etc....

I'm not making the park out to be bad, I have been sitting down in their looking over Sheffield (some great views, wish I had a decent camera).

Just a little empty at night, if I see any dog walkers next friday I'll be sure to say hello.

I was going to buy one of the shared ownership ones, but the information coming from places for people was absolutely rubbish. It took me weeks to extract the price of the 4 beds from them, I put in an application form supplied by them, they decided it was the wrong form, I did the correct one when they sent it to me, it took ages to process and no one got back to me. But this week Reeds Rains at Banner Cross rang me, they had taken over the marketing of the shared ownership properties from Places for People, but by that time we had put a deposit on another house and got a mortgage for it.

You are absolutely right. We are still waiting places for people to give us a date to exchange contract. This date has been delayed for ages and they can't give a reason. But we have paid deposits and got the mortgage...no way to get back now. sigh.:mad:

Hi, sorry to dredge up an old thread but we have been looking into these.

Apparantly some are now available on a 25% share basis and the 3 beds we were looking at (Elm), this works out about £35000 mortgage (well, obv less as nowadays we are probably going to have to find £3500 deposit for that for a 90% deposit if they do em!), plus rent + charges but hey, got to be better than renting and throwing money away!

We are awaiting more info from reeds rains at Woodseats, but is that how simpe it is? Do they help you find a mortgage or do you go out and find your own? Also does anyone know if there is any other way to get into one of those properties- read something about Try Before You Buy on the PFP website, not sure what that is? Thing is, it's going to take either a load (probably a bad idea and may not even get one), a nice relative with £4k spare (as if) or a few months saving for a deposit but at this time we are very intersted. Was a bit wary of Norfolk Park (lived there on Beeches Ave. as a youngster), but it's completely changed in the 18yrs since we have been gone.

Any advice on this NewBuidl HomeBuy (shared ownership) scheme or on this try b4 you buy (?), Places For People, Reeds Rains and this development in general appreciated. There are only 3 of the properties of the type we want left.