BREEZE@Norfolk Park

Hi, we are going to buy a house at Breeze, Norfolk Park. Very lovely house... but it seems like a too new area for us. Wonder if anyone already bought it or lived in there? anything you could tell me about your experiences buying in breeze will be highly appreciated, any comment welcome...

I have been looking at these too. Wondered if there were any problems from the surrounding areas? Its St Aidens Close I think.

The road you refer to is St Aidans Way, at the moment there are no problems around that area, but who knows what new housing will bring, no local shops nearby only the garage, but good for the public transport via City Road.

New shops will be built not far from the school. No idea when this will happen though. They were already supposed to be up. There will be a new doctors surgery built at the same time.

There are shops in either direction on City Rd although i would rather go to the ones lower down these days.

The new shops and doctors are to be built on the old Mickley Tower Block site at the top of Beldon Road (behind the tram stop) but don't hold your breath waiting for them as there is still contractual problems.

Thank you everyone!! Shops dont bother me, I get in the car and go to the supermarket. I will see if I can keep my old doctor for a while, as lets be honest they dont do home visits anyway these days.

Didn't Norfolk Park used to have a bad reputation? No idea what it's like now though, years since i was there.

Didn't Norfolk Park used to have a bad reputation? No idea what it's like now though, years since i was there.

There has been considerable demolition and rebuilding lately, so I was seeking an up to date opinion.

I think most estates have had bad reputations at one point or another. I have lived on here (Norfolk Park), for 15 ish years and never had any trouble.

I am glad all this new housing is going up actually. The whole estate has been somewhat of a ghost town since the demolition of the tower blocks.

I have lived in Norfolk Park for over 25 years and seen the problems of the past which now are mostly gone.

Part of the Norfolk Park regeneration deal was to have a new infrastructure, shops, health centre with chemist and a community centre. Unfortunately, the money earmarked for that, £500,000, was spent on remedial work on the new school grounds instead.

I think its fairly safe now but still suffers from car break-ins occasionally.

The only thing I miss is the post office closing.

I spoke to the owner of the chemist the other day. She says an extension is to be built on to the doctors and this will become the new chemist.

If this is the case i can't see any new shopping centre being built any time soon.