The forum is back, (In my eyes anyway).

So, you would rather read a 20 page thread full of people bitching about Muslims etc?

You = Fail.

* passes coat, hat and Basil Brush DVD *

So, you would rather read a 20 page thread full of people bitching about Muslims etc?

You = Fail.

That's a bit "over-the-top" Rich.

No-one forces anyone to read a particular Thread. :)

Only cause I've been posting more regularly... :rolleyes::P

You = Fail.

Remember to attack the argument, not the poster Rich. That way they'll at least have to think of a reason to ban you :-) I'm not entirely sure how much you can debate without getting banned, but I'm hoping to find out soon.

As for the long argument threads, I don't see the problem. There is no reason why threads on how to dye your cat pink (with pink dye I'm guessing) cannot co-exist with debate. It's not as if you have to read 20 pages of argument before you get to other threads - just click on the 'how do I make my cat pink?' thread instead of the 'what do you reckon to this contentious issue' thread.

It went through a phase of the most boring, annoying threads ever, and I have noticed into the run up to christmas we have had more variation and more slightly less serious threads than in a long time.

So can I just say Horay, because when I get home from work I would much rather relax and read about how to dye a cat pink over The pro's and con's of one faith or another!

:banana::banana:

Spot on Tess..........:thumbsup:

I too think the forum has improved over the last week or two.....

Dunno why though :huh:

Any idea's?........:rolleyes:

There are a lot of new (to me anyway) names, and perhaps the message is finally getting through that it does this forum no favours when threads descend into slanging matches.

It `s also worth remembering, when people complain that the same threads keep cropping up, that new posters may have something to say on a subject. The only answer is for those who think a subject has been done to death is to stay away from the thread and let newer posters have their say.

There are a lot of new (to me anyway) names, and perhaps the message is finally getting through that it does this forum no favours when threads descend into slanging matches.

It `s also worth remembering, when people complain that the same threads keep cropping up, that new posters may have something to say on a subject. The only answer is for those who think a subject has been done to death is to stay away from the thread and let newer posters have their say.

Here here, well said.:thumbsup:

Spot on Tess..........:thumbsup:

I too think the forum has improved over the last week or two.....

Dunno why though :huh:

Any idea's?........:rolleyes:

Maybe certain people have buggered off elsewhere or there has been a collective deep breath and people have started to have a bit more harmless fun on the forum. It's December, Christmas is coming and people are generally busy. Maybe there's less time for long debates about Muslims and immigrants and what is more at the forefront of peoples' minds is how crowded The Moor is or where cheap stocking fillers can be found.

I'm sure there will be some threads bemoaning the renaming of Christmas as "Winteryuletide" but for the time being lets enjoy a brief period of light heartedness and we can look forward to the religious/political megathreads making a comeback in the New Year :thumbsup:

I don't understand the objections to the 'serious' threads - just don't read them.

The 'Champix' thread is forever listed in 'New Posts' but as I have no interest in it I just ignore it, and it doesn't bother me.

Why don't people like others having debates?

Exactly, i joined a while ago now and I was all over the contentious threads, it wasn't old to me (this is my first forum) and i enjoyed thouroughly arguments about race politics and religion. I still do, to be fair, but some stuff does get a bit old and I do tend to post a bit more on the silly threads and a bit less on the contentious threads. I can imagine that trend continuing, but i'll probably always argue with religious people, right wingers and racists, it's just my nature. So let the noobs have their say on the contentious threads, it's fun, don't look if you don't like 'em. Every now and then someone says something worth arguing with/agreeing with anyway.

It went through a phase of the most boring, annoying threads ever, and I have noticed into the run up to christmas we have had more variation and more slightly less serious threads than in a long time.

So can I just say Horay, because when I get home from work I would much rather relax and read about how to dye a cat pink over The pro's and con's of one faith or another!

:banana::banana:

You spelled hurray wong.