"Workless Households" - 3 million of them!

I rarely hear complaints about the billions wasted on arms etc? does everybody agree mass murder?

Saw a programme on the box last night about Britain's fattest man.

50 stone.

He can hardly move so presumably doesn't work.

His food bill for the week was £300+,he drinks 25 pints a night , can manage 40 and drives a Merc.

Goes to watch Birmingham in a taxi and seems to have a great social life.

Where does he get the money????????

I wonder? Bet it's not JSA.

What gets me mad is there are drug users on incapacity benefit. Why should these wasters be on this form of benefit. Its something they have brought upon themselves that they are too fxxkin idle to get to work

What gets me mad is there are drug users on incapacity benefit. Why should these wasters be on this form of benefit. Its something they have brought upon themselves that they are too fxxkin idle to get to work

Offer them jobs if your in a position to, if they have a perscription. Not many people want to employ them. But if they have a regular supply then their capable of regular work.

there are not enough jobs for everyone and there are many that are signing on that want a job and apply for many. my son went for an interview the other week for a job it was only for the christmas period but he thought he was in with a chance as he was doing a govenment training scheme there which was due to finish, he didnt get the job which there was about 6 i think on offer and there was over 100 applicants for the jobs

Whilst there may not be one job or more available per person in the country Summer, the story in the OP, is someone who has been claiming 28 years without working.

This OP story [like most] is just full of excuses.

* left school at 15 with no qualifications - so? loads of people leave school with few or no qualifications and get jobs. I'm one for a start, and I've managed to find full time work continuously for 18 years. (not great work, but work all the same).

* no work in the area - another excuse, move. That's what people have done since humans have been around. (in fact all animals) - find somewhere else where there is work.

* 'I did try but no one took me on' - how many tries did she do? at 5 a year (which is far too little), that's still 140. Either incredibly poor tries or see ^above.

* "I'm sorry they have to pay tax money to me. If I could get a job... give me a job then and I'll work, and then they won't have to pay me." - that's been added as a wind up, I sincerely hope. :rolleyes:

Back to your post though Summer.. I do think there is a difference in Sheffield with Christmas jobs, I do remember ads on shop windows when I was younger offering jobs at Christmas, but with such a large student population now, these types of jobs are sought after here from students who are staying over, or returning students after some cash for next term.

Offer them jobs if your in a position to, if they have a perscription. Not many people want to employ them. But if they have a regular supply then their capable of regular work.

would never employ a drug user even if i could. i would not be able to trust them

I left full-time education at 16 with a handful of GCSE's and not much else going for me and struggled to find a job.

Fast forward 14 years and i've got a £30k a year job, have got my own home, enjoy expensive foreign holidays and live a really good lifestyle and can afford to enjoy a lot of lifes luxuries.

I bet there is many people on long-term benefits and would rather go to the Dominican Republic than Skegness for their holidays if they had the choice, but i chose the expensive holiday's and i chose them becuase i had the right to as i have worked hard throughout my working life and have earned the right to.

A lot of the people on benefits could do the same if they chose to

I left full-time education at 16 with a handful of GCSE's and not much else going for me and struggled to find a job.

Fast forward 14 years and i've got a £30k a year job, have got my own home, enjoy expensive foreign holidays and live a really good lifestyle and can afford to enjoy a lot of lifes luxuries.

I bet there is many people on long-term benefits and would rather go to the Dominican Republic than Skegness for their holidays if they had the choice, but i chose the expensive holiday's and i chose them becuase i had the right to as i have worked hard throughout my working life and have earned the right to.

I am like you fella though dont earn as much and have done travellin all over the place but have got a caravan now where i can go every weekend not just on holidays. I left school with no real good qualifications but have worked hard and am now not too badly off. The people on the benefits though always tend to blame other people or the system for them being in that position, when the fact is if they got up their lardy backsides and put some effort in they would be able to gain some pride and self rspect:thumbsup:

Story here-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

There's no wonder the country is broke! 3 million workless households, and then the official 'unemployed' on top of these. These toe rags bring in 14k a year sitting on their butts (although daughter has obviously been active in some departments - adding to the size of this particular drain on society). And thats probably after their housing costs have been paid.

The govt seem to be getting tighter on these parasitic types but i hope there's more cuts to come their way. I want to see them selling big issues or shaking in a shop doorway with their hands outstretched- and i'd still give my money to the tramp.

What, that can't be right surely?! I work full time and earn less than that! :o

The difference is though, i'd rather work (even at minimum wage) for my money whilst ever i'm able, than take a handout. It's called having a bit of pride.

Hear Hear,same as you pal,even bought a villa in Spain to move to when my house sells(big when)the trouble with workshy housholds it breeds workshy households,said from day 1 benefits should be a last resort(and just enough to survive) not a way of life.

Whilst there may not be one job or more available per person in the country Summer, the story in the OP, is someone who has been claiming 28 years without working.

This OP story [like most] is just full of excuses.

* left school at 15 with no qualifications - so? loads of people leave school with few or no qualifications and get jobs. I'm one for a start, and I've managed to find full time work continuously for 18 years. (not great work, but work all the same).

* no work in the area - another excuse, move. That's what people have done since humans have been around. (in fact all animals) - find somewhere else where there is work.

* 'I did try but no one took me on' - how many tries did she do? at 5 a year (which is far too little), that's still 140. Either incredibly poor tries or see ^above.

* "I'm sorry they have to pay tax money to me. If I could get a job... give me a job then and I'll work, and then they won't have to pay me." - that's been added as a wind up, I sincerely hope. :rolleyes:

to add to the main question which you have quoted i know what its like to be on benefits for a long time. my late hubby died nearly 3 years ago and he was 50 we were married nearly 34 years from being both 16 and he worked about 5 years out of all that time

yes in the beggining it was his own fault he couldnt stick to a job not because he didnt like to work or that he didnt like the jobs he was doing he had a bad temper never hit anyone but would storm out of a job,and he was a good worker when he worked as my dad told me that as he worked once in same place as my dad and his workman told my dad what a good worker he was. so he was constantly changing jobs and from say about 1975 until 1980 he wasnt working went for a few jobs but he felt he didnt have anything to offer after going for an interview and he was told in a round about way that he was thick

was told that because he discribed how he would do a job with his hands he didnt have the brains to do the job and was in danger of either accidents or not doing the job right as anyone that thinks with their hands and not their brains are slow and not intelegent enough

this put him off for awhile as this realy got to him which was something from his childhood about being called thick and stupid ect and his mum had to have him to a psychiatrist to prove to him that he wasnt, so he always had issues with things like that. which is why he used to walk out of jobs a lot. he wanted to show them that he did want work and he got a governement scheme in 1980 for a year and he only lost 1 week the all time he was there and even when the job was not suited to him as it made him come out in a bad skin problem he wanted to carry on as he wanted to work but after the year was up would not keep him on due to this

from 1981 until he died he never had another job went on schemes even did some volentary work which he liked and they made him give up as it took up is right for unemployment benefit. he even did a course in computer maintenance as well.he even wanted to do vollentry work for his money to help kids keep out of trouble with computers even spoke to a policeman that used to come to him over computer problems and he said the government couldnt afford to do this,he said he didnt want paying gladly do it for something to do for his dole money as he just loved computers.he said he would have kids to our house i said no chance to that. he didnt lie when he said he would have a job and wanted to work if someone would give him a chance but no chance

you will probably say he was a lier too saying if they would get him a job he would work but he wasnt. after a while you do loose the plight to look for jobs as the longer you have been out of the work the harder it is to get a job.he sent off many applications but he never got an interview for a job.

not everyone on long term unemployment want to be there, yes a lot is their own fault but there is a lot of people that do things when they are younger and immature that can spoil their lifes in some way. he would have a go at most things and could mend computers cbs a lot of electrical things, plumbing, he would try and have a go at almost anything. and dont say he could have done training in some of these things to get certificates government training when he did them was not long enough to get any certificates and he was told when he was doing the courses that he would not get a job in what he was training in at his age and that was when he was in his 30s and was told that if you have not got any proper skills by the time you are in your 30s you have no chance and expect to be out of work a long time