Black ice this morning (2/12)

Ahem, do we really need to refer to the ice, by the colour of its ice?

It is not the 1970s.

After all Black Ice is not Black Ice..........Its Ice thats a dark colour.

After all would you call a dog with Black fur, A Black dog ?

yes:D:hihi::hihi:

The ice can have its funny sides, one bloke went for a flyer on the ice today :D:hihi::hihi: legs up in the air and all sorts. :thumbsup:

The best thing was, he got up, and he was more concerned if anyone had seen him. He was clearly in agony as he limped off, and even attempted to crack a joke, as he was more concerned about looking an idiot, that almost breaking his arm

Thats the spirit mate :thumbsup: Hes probably got a very sore backside now, lets see how ge explains that to his missis

i wonder,can you claim compensation from the council if the ice on the roads/paths cause you to have an accident or is it classed as an act of god?

You can probably try and in this day and age might succeed. I'd hope not though, if it's icy and against common sense someone chooses to go out and then has an accident, it's possibly beyond the council's reasonable duty of care to manage to treat every single paved surface immediately to prevent it. But the days of personal responsibility are gone, so someone'll try it.

Well if there hasn't been any other incidents on Pitchford Lane / Hillcote Close at the top of Tom Lane this morning then I'll be very surprised.

Coming down and turning right onto Hillcote Close my car (which is four wheel drive) skidded but I corrected it and fortunately there were no parked cars in that area.

Coming out of Hillcote Close and heading up Pitchford Lane, the car was horizontal at one point. Again, no parked cars and fortunately, no traffic coming the other way.

You simply cannot see where the ice is and as night falls along with the temperature, I cross my fingers hoping there are no accidents (anywhere).

I basically slid all the way down the hills to Hunters Bar roundabout. Couldn't stop if I'd wanted to :( Not looking forward if it carries on like this. Might go out and do some pre-emptive gritting tonight.

Me! I took one step out of the gate and both legs went up in the air! :hihi: Must admit I haven't seen black ice before - still didn't see it! :hihi:

Are you okay:o Worst thing I ever saw was just up from the bottom of Herries road one night, a big HGV trying to climb the hill...well it was just one big sheet of black ice and this big truck just slid down to the bottom again...was quite scary!

I value my bones too much, not that young anymore and bones take ages to heal, so will not go out till it's safe, it's like glass on some of the pavement's but you should see the look's you get from drivers if you walk in the road:(

What's worse is the fact that we get very low sun at this time of year, and it dazzles drivers, this and black ice combined..it's bad!

I got to the top of walkley road were it meets walkley lane, and slid the way back down and had to stat again! At one point I had to hang on to a lamp post and a car and slide my way down the street. Ive not walked the dog properly either as its so bad. She was skiddin about on her paws. I dont know how im going to get the little un back from school!

Walkley Lane and Forbes Rd are treacherous and I can't see any ice meltin away either. I almost went flying this morning

I did a 5 metre slide after coming off my bike. Hurt my shoulder but no a & e trip thankfully. I reckon a & e would have been busy this morning!

My bum is fine.

It was very slippery this morning at Norton Lees. Rather than risk coming off the bike on Lees Hall road, I cycled down through the woods, which was ace, coming out on Albert Road.

I did a 5 metre slide after coming off my bike. Hurt my shoulder but no a & e trip thankfully.

Almost exactly what happened to me on the cycle lane next to Infirmary Road (opposite Lock Street). Was trying to slow down cos I'd just been over a small patch of ice, just didn't get slowed down in time for the massive sheet of it. Was so icy I couldn't then get stood up! Looked a right plonker.