Fed up of turkey...but what else?

Im so fed up with turkey on christmas day... This year Im thinking of doing something different, maybe goose.. anyone got any ideas about cooking something different? and any one know where to buy , how to prepare and cook a goose???:help:

We did a curry year before last, it made a nice change from all the usual.

How about a whole salmon? You can borrow a fish saucepan from most supermarkets.

What about a nice joint of beef?

Goose is horrendously fatty - buy a 10lb. bird and cook it, and you'll collect 25lb of grease in the tray. :huh:

But apparently, if it's cooked properly, it's really nice. Cooked badly, it's like trying to eat hot lard.

For the record we're having beef and ham. Nobody in our family is too keen on turkey.

Goose isn't toooooo difficult to cook. Main hassle is collecting the tons of fat that collects underneath the bird - you'll need to place it on a rack. The plus side is you then have an amazing amount of goose lard for your potatoes and for your toast for the next year.

I think a goose is worth it. You can spend around £50 on one, but it will last a couple of meals. I usually try and get one on Xmas Eve reduced from Waitrose . . .though I warn you, if you try and do the same, the situation could get violent. I saw an ad for goose at Aldi - £19.99.

Will anyone be having beans on toast?

Will anyone be having beans on toast?

i had that about 3years ago when i first moved to my flat.not very nice being on your own lol.

Im so fed up with turkey on christmas day... This year Im thinking of doing something different, maybe goose.. anyone got any ideas about cooking something different? and any one know where to buy , how to prepare and cook a goose???:help:

I've always had a relative on Christmas day which makes a nice change to the traditional fare.

A few cloves of garlic, olive oil and a slow cook adds to the flavour.

Try this for a quick and nasty recipe. http://entertaining.about.com/library/recipes/blbabyoctopus.htm