Lets be positive about Pakistanis.

Their government is firmly in control of their nuclear weapons arsenal

(Fingers crossed on this one)

All the movies have big music scenes in them , even the War and Horror Movies. Imagine A English film like A Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket with people dressed in ghetto glitter outfits prancing about with badly dubbed Singing :hihi:

What's all this tosh about then? Them and us?

What a wonderful illusion for the ill-used mind!

There are people...just people...any distinction made by anyone on the grounds of colour or race or religion is the product of fear.

And fear helps to divide. And rule!

Agreed & double agreed.

I think that people that are negative about different cultures, races etc are the ones that have issues going on within themselves & have to spout their venom about to make distract them about them about their own personal hatred :rolleyes:

No Pakistanis-No Taxis. They are willing to work the horrible hours the taxi men have to work. AND put up with all the abuse.

Bickering removed. The thread will be shut if it continues, although I'm not sure that a subject of this nature is destined to go any way but downhill on here. We'll see...

What's all this tosh about then? Them and us?

What a wonderful illusion for the ill-used mind!

There are people...just people...any distinction made by anyone on the grounds of colour or race or religion is the product of fear.

And fear helps to divide. And rule!

Here he is, the life and soul of every party:hihi:

Some "Pakistanis" aren't even Pakistani

Some people just assume that Pakistan is the only Asian/middle-eastern country.

So why are we only being patronisingly positive towards Pakistani people?

I was just thinking the same. Could be India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh to name but a few. Instead, lets be positive to Sheffielders - wherever their families originated from. I went to an event in Cutlers Hall a few weeks ago where individuals were talking about their roots - from Australia, Pakistan, Ireland, Jamaica, West Africa, India, England and Scotland, and why they originally came to Sheffield and what made them stay. They were celebrating the things they had in common - instead of concentrating on the differences. :thumbsup:

They offer nothing more or less than any other group in society.

Absolutely right, we should have a thread entitled 'Let's be positive'..end of story. :)

All the movies have big music scenes in them , even the War and Horror Movies. Imagine A English film like A Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket with people dressed in ghetto glitter outfits prancing about with badly dubbed Singing :hihi:

Are you talking about Bollywood? Thats definitely Indian.

custer would have loved them , he didn't like indians aswell.

custers last words , " I can't understand it , they were all singing and dancing last night ".