Tesco or pc world

It'll be worse if DSG goes under. Try doing a warranty return to a bust company in 6 months time and see how far you get.

Craig - take the advice offered on your first thread about this subject.

Oh go for the tesco one , you might save £10 with the PCW one but you get 599 club point which i'm sure will be worth more than £10 in a tesco store.

599 clubcard points = £5.99 in vouchers :loopy:

answer is simple, buy fom the one you feel more confident in. not sure whether the administration rumours hold any water but i think Tesco would offer less problems if you needed a refund. at the end of the day the warrenty can be followed up with the manufacturer

If I was after a new pooter, I'd definitely buy from the Supermarket round the corner, Tesco... NOT!

PCW FTW!

Your ramblings of pcworld are now starting to make me worry about you rich.

Regardless of how 'masked swear word' or good they are - they're going down the pan (love a good bit of irony!!!!) why would you encourage someone to spend their money there? Unless of course you couldn't give two toilet messes if they lost out.

Craig I'd go for the one from tesco at £100 less if it was me.

It'll be worse if DSG goes under. Try doing a warranty return to a bust company in 6 months time and see how far you get.

Craig - take the advice offered on your first thread about this subject.

the manufacturer will take it back

the extended warranties (god forbid you paid for one) are underwritten. details will be on the receipt

They will, but it's a lot more hastle than popping back to tescos.

Hi all

DSGi is not going bust, dont know where rummor has come from, PC World is making profit, as for service maybe its a store thing doesnt happen where I am, as for techie geeks not wanting to work there you will be surprised at how many there is where i am.

Look at post dates. Over a year ago

Well they're runnning at a loss this year, & have just sold their Hungarian business for €1, which isn't exactly a sign of robust health.

And any company who are trying to raise £310 million to give it "the financial resources and flexibility" to continue to invest in its transformation, and a strengthened capital base to "provide it with financial headroom" aren't exactly loving their current business model are they?

They're also re-structuring all their call centre ops, which is presumably where you work.

Hi

I work at store level and the shares to buy scheem is to fast track stores to WNR format which are turning over a higher volume of sales than current stores. PC World is running at a profit Currys is where the money is being lost. Yes they did sell their Hungarian business for 1 euro and they are still continuing to support the other bussiness that they own in hungry. All I would say is wait till they release the figures for last year, which should be any week now and watch the adverts between Champ League tonight as the new advert will be launch with a A List Hollywood star in it.

I still wouldn't shop at a DSG store though.

Hi

I work at store level and the shares to buy scheem is to fast track stores to WNR format which are turning over a higher volume of sales than current stores. PC World is running at a profit Currys is where the money is being lost. Yes they did sell their Hungarian business for 1 euro and they are still continuing to support the other bussiness that they own in hungry. All I would say is wait till they release the figures for last year, which should be any week now and watch the adverts between Champ League tonight as the new advert will be launch with a A List Hollywood star in it.

Well I saw it. PC World now seems to think they're a phone shop. Who is said 'star'? The guy with the curly hair? Never seen him before.