Any memories of Crookesmoor School?

Desy.

John & Tommy Eales used to live on Upperthorpe, opposite the old photo labs at the top of Alpine Street. The did used to be called Carr but the changed their names when they were adopted by Sam Eales, a well known local cutlery maker.

Tommy is still in the family business and lives at Ridgeway and John lives on the Ashbury estate.

Hi there In Uppers.

Next time you see John in the Phillidelphia ask him if he has done any sleep walking recently. He went awol with us while working in Northampton.

Hi spada i wont tell her in doors whats it worth nice bottle of merlot

Hiya Mini B.

Sounds like blackmail to me. Ok. Just the 1 bottle or 2?

Sanellas ice cream brings back memories. I used to go up to their house/yard on a Sunday night and get a "cup" of ice cream with raspberry sauce for I think 6 pence. Mrs Sanella was a nice lady and I think they had 2 sons one called Anthony the other I cant remember.

I recall Mr Perry at the hardware shop at the bottom of Bromley Street and "Petes" papershop at the end of Fawcett street.

Sanellas ice cream brings back memories. I used to go up to their house/yard on a Sunday night and get a "cup" of ice cream with raspberry sauce for I think 6 pence. Mrs Sanella was a nice lady and I think they had 2 sons one called Anthony the other I cant remember.

I can taste that ice cream and rasberry sauce even now.

Desy.

John & Tommy Eales used to live on Upperthorpe, opposite the old photo labs at the top of Alpine Street. The did used to be called Carr but the changed their names when they were adopted by Sam Eales, a well known local cutlery maker.

Tommy is still in the family business and lives at Ridgeway and John lives on the Ashbury estate.

Thanks spada573

Nice to know what happened to them.

Hi there In Uppers.

Next time you see John in the Phillidelphia ask him if he has done any sleep walking recently. He went awol with us while working in Northampton.

Hi spada,

I don't think he'll be sleep walking just yet cus he's just had a hip operation and is currently on crutches.

He now lives on Ashberry Gardens, just behind me.

I'll mention the sleep walking in Northampton to him on Sunday when I see him.

My best memories are when we were in the annex on the "tip" much better than in the main school

and of some lovely girls, Judith Metcalfe, Linda Dors, Marilyn Lane and Jean Davenport.

Upperthorpe Forever!!!!!!

Can't agree more crushgrinder!!

My best memories are when we were in the annex on the "tip" much better than in the main school

and of some lovely girls, Judith Metcalfe, Linda Dors, Marilyn Lane and Jean Davenport.

Sounds like a list of Rank Starlets - what brilliant names. Was Judith related to the Metcalfe twins and their younger brother Tim Metcalfe?

My memory of those annexes was going down there for basket weaving lessons - the things they made us do as kids.

After school we also used them as a playground. There was a ledge going around the outside of the buildings which - the challenge was to see how quickly you could get round the ledge before you fell off - the buildings were on a slope so the ledge got progressivly higher as you got round, which added to the fun and danger - I bet if they were still there the ledge would only be about 6' off the ground, but to a young kid they seemed a lot higher.