Any memories of Crookesmoor School?

hi

anyone out there rember crookes moor school I attended 1956

to 1962 with a couple of breaks in between where I attended arbourthorne central then bankwood then back to crookesmoor

as my dad was a pub landlord we moved to various pubs

Originally posted by holberry

hi

anyone out there rember crookes moor school I attended 1956

to 1962 with a couple of breaks in between where I attended arbourthorne central then bankwood then back to crookesmoor

as my dad was a pub landlord we moved to various pubs

Crookesmoor or Crookes-moor School is till there allbeit some kind of training place now. As you will know it was spit in two with an old cobbled road that used to run between Crookesmoor Road and Oxford Street.

I wonder which pubs your dad used to run in Crookesmoor?

Hi

I attended Crookesmoor from 1960 - 64.

We lived at the off license just below the school (diagonally opposite to the Ashberry Pub)

I have discussed the school before on another thread - in partcular, one of the teachers - Mr 'Pop' Edwards

Hi Holbury,

Did your Dad used to run the Boomerang on Fawcett St

Hiya Holberry,

I went to Crookesmoor school from 1951 to 1959/60. I lived

on Bromley Street next to the corner shop (evans' ).

discussed Mr. (Pop) Edwards on the other thread

deecee

hi,

yeah my dad was the very first landlord of the boomerang

before that we had the don inn penistone road / opposite rutland road junction but I was born in the first pub the weston park hotel corner of summer st / weston st my elder brother david went to crookesmoor at the same time as tennis player

roger taylor

Holberry

Is your dad still around? - I have a feeling he would know my dad and my grandfather - they both drank in the pubs you mentoned

hi docmel

no my father passed away some years ago , but give me your dad and granddad`s names I may know the name and my elder brother definatlely will

Holberry

Grandad was Edward or Mick Melluish - died 1978

Dad is (84) Nelson Melluish

I went to Crookesmoor from 1952 to 1958

I remember being in the annex on "the tip".

We lived on Fawcett Street untill it was pulled down.

Hi all and docmel

havn't seen this latest thread on crookesmoor. I went to the old place from1954 to 1961. I lived on Cross Addy street. My mother also went when it was girls and boys seperate from about 1932 to 1942 she lived at the time in Wellfield road her maiden name was Thelma Wheeler. My wife lived in Martin Street but never went to Crookesmoor she moved in about 1956 her mother and father were Bill and Mary Ibbotson. Her auntie lived in Hammond hill near to Last orders her maiden name was Elizabeth Ibbotson.

would it be of any good regarding people with relations that either lived around the area or went to Crookesmoor for us to post there namesdates in area and old address. What do you think, i'll set it up on another topic.

Yep, I was at Crookesmoor school from about 1959 till I went to Myers Grove Comp.. Pop Edwards name rings a bell. And yes it is I, Andy Winkley still living downunda in Oz. Hello Mark!