Grease proof paper

My daughter has just made some lovely flap jack, she used grease proof paper and greased the paper aswell and it still has stuck to the paper, she is upset about it and wants to no how to stop it happening, and i don't know either any tips would be great.

Nah she has just made some sticky parkin :) Hope this dosn't stick.

I thought you only greased the side of the paper you put face down in the tin:huh:

I thought you only greased the side of the paper you put face down in the tin:huh:

I grease both sides, line the tin then shake some flour around in it.

I usually use baking parchment rather than greaseproof, or even better than that are the silicone liners, which are great because you can just wipe them and reuse them... so even more cakes!

I never use paper for flapjack.

Just cut the biscuit before it hardens, use a cake slice to loosen the bottom whilst still warm, then it will not stick.

I'd use a silicone liner or baking paper/parchment too- I've given up with greaseproof for baking and now only use it for wrapping cakes in storage etc. For intricate things where I can't use paper I use Cake Release- it's fabulous stuff!

I always use baking parchment too, it never sticks :)

I'd use a silicone liner or baking paper/parchment too- I've given up with greaseproof for baking and now only use it for wrapping cakes in storage etc. For intricate things where I can't use paper I use Cake Release- it's fabulous stuff!

Me too silicon is wonderful stuff.