What Happened To Crispy Noodles?

they took them of the market im trying to get them to sell them again and they said people dont buy them so i need your help to get them back

The ones I remember were about a foot long and were crispy enough to ram through the roof of your mouth and into your brain if you werent careful, they were lethal!

Im sure the Chinese on Wordsworth, across from Chaucer school used to make them.

Perhaps one poked through the roof of your mouth and into your brain making you so confused you imagine that they actually existed.

They still come with the Vesta chow mein (usually in the packaged food aisle with Super Noodles, packs of savoury rice etc). You can microwave them too if you don't fancy heating some oil.

Yes I remember the Vesta Chow Mein had the things and that they were pretty disgusting too.

Chow Mein was a western invention and not one that the Chinese have ever heard of. That's perhaps why the takeaways don't do them. However there is something pretty similar in industrial grade Bombay Mix.

Me and the mrs used to have Vesta Chow Mein with a nice bottle of Concorde wine in the early eightees when we were in our teens. We thought it was the ultimate in a romantic night in:hihi:

Bought one a couple of months ago and it's still in the cupboard gathering dust.. Just want to know what they now taste like as I always thought they were pretty good!!:loopy:

Edited by Brinny
miissed a word

my mum used to make me a vesta beef curry in the 70,s when I was a teen.Thought I was having an exotic meal,they had sultanas & bits of apple in them.

I have had this issue in Sheffield also. The best place I have found is Noodle King on London Road. It is always packed in there which I think is a good sign :)

Last time I had them was in a japanese place in Leeds - Much finer though, very thin and light, unlike the bricks I recall as a 80's sprog in Notts!!! I had completely forgotten them til now - made me fancy some!!!