Sign in to follow this  

Sausage Street: anyone know where it is?

Ludlow Food Festival

For this festival huge marquees are put up in the grounds of the castle which is hosted by a few small producers of traditional food and drink, that offer there produce for tasting and for purchasing. And are all found in the Ludlow area and the rules for this festival were organised by a group of volunteers, that states that only producers who are in the counties that are either side of the Welsh border are eligible.

Out of the castle, Ludlow town is taken over by a series of trails that visitors can sample and vote for breads, cheeses, ales and sausages. The Sausage Trail is one of the elements of Ludlow's food festival, which is different that makes it stand out from the rest. Every year Ludlow’s five butchers each come up with a new sausage recipe for the Sausage Trail. Around 1,500 people buy a voting form on the Saturday morning of the Food Festival and walk round the five butchers' shops tasting a sample of each butcher's festival competition sausage, and then vote out of ten for each one. When people have completed the trail they hand in their voting form and get a whole cooked sausage of their choice in a bun.

I think I get the prize Miguel you rapscallion - The Ludlow sausage trail - the dark cold winters nights must simply fly by!!

Yes, I googled that one as well,.........does SM's "clues" amount to something like "sausages treat"?

So ......

It looks like Sam found Sausage Street after all, liked it so much that he hasn't come back!:D

Originally posted by AJ sheffield

Sausage Street...Is that anywhere near Bournville Boulevard.

I think we might be thinking along the same lines here AJ ...:gag:

I worry about my mind sometimes :help:

How funny is this message strand - what do you all do all day? You silly sausages!

Lindrick Road in Woodsetts is known (locally) as Sausage Hill

:confused: But I know not why!?