Ladies Hairdressers (recommendations, finding one, prices etc etc)

Have anyone been to Halo Hairdressers on Division Street? I was wondering if it was just me or if their service is really CRAP! I wanted to go to them twice but changed my mind because the receptionist just barks at you and makes you feel dumb and poor if you ask how much the price was for a haircut. The reception acts all posh and just go poo poo at you! They are the most horrible people I have ever encountered in my life! I called up to make an appointment once and she (whoever who answered the phone) told to me to spell my name so I did. However, when i mention the letter `h', she went - what is `h'? I said, `h' stands for Holland and she didn’t understand. Then I had to say that `h' stands for happy and she did. You would have thought they hire someone who knows their `abc` to take calls. Absolutely CRAP! and when I ask how much it cost, all she went was- it is a 15% discount if your are a student. Anyone with a bit of sense would probably know that you have to give the full price to be able to calculate the price afterwards. In the end, I was told it is £36 before discount! You would have thought they be slightly more polite to you if they are going to charge you a fortune! Absolutely RUBBISH!

i had a shocking experiance there, i was desperate to get my hair cut and coloured.

after going to lots of different hair dressers i ended up there. i had the slowest hair colour technician who egnored what i wanted and carryed on doing what she thought i should have on my head then passed me on to the hair dresser who i wasnt told was head stlyist,i found this out when i paid

the bill was huge, over a £100 for my hair :loopy: and then 2 weeks later the perminate colour had run and went ginger rather than the lushous red i started with. it was to late to complain so whats a girl to do ?

what a waste of money i'll never go there again

So i popped into hair cuttery near the peace gardens and luckily phillip had enough time to put a colour on to hide the faded 2 week old colour and gave me a desent trim - thats the last time i go to a ''trendy '' hair dresser i tell u

(rant over)

Yeah- i went there and they messed up my hair too and tried to charge me an absolute fortune to do it!!!!

Ive been there a couple of times and no complaints.

I went last Summer and I will never go there again. I booked with one of the top stylists - sorry can't remember the name - but ended up with someone different doing my hair as they told me the stylist I had booked with had swapped my appointment for a regular customer and hoped I'd understand!! They assured me this other hairdresser was on the same level. I should have known straight away and walked out because when I gave her the picture, she said, 'oh I don't know if it will look like that with your hair' - which is absolute rubbish because I had had the style previously and it had looked fantastic. Anyway, it cost me about 60 quid, I think, for the most hideous cut, I didn't want to complain because I was scared she would take even more off and make an even bigger hash of it! I went to my local salon, who aren't great but had a spare appointment, and they cut it for me, anything was better than the mess that Halo made. The previous time I went to Halo, I was really pleased with the colour and cut I had but it was about two years ago and I think they must have had a lot of staff leave since then.

I have been going to Halo for about 18 months now. I have never had any problems, friendly, courteous staff, great hair cut.

Never any complaints.

I've been going to Halo for the last 10 years now with the same stylist and have never had any complains!

Once i wasnt completely satisfied with my colour and they redid it for me the day after.

I think it's a great hairdressers (after many disasters) and wouldn't go anywehre else.

x

I went Wednesday for the first time. I had a consultation and my hair cut. The gentleman spent a lot of time doing my hair and I felt like I had my monies worth. I will be going again. And the reception staff were very friendly.

I used to go there - I thought the service was fine, it's just that a) it's a bit pricy, and b) they always used to try and give me a mullet

i go to halo and have my hair cut by matthew rose, the senior stylist. he is the best hairdresser i've ever had, bar none (and i used to go to vidal sassoon in manchester, leeds and london when i were a lass) - he is the most thoughtful, interesting, polite and friendly stylist besides being technically awesome. tbh i never want anyone else to cut my hair again.

after he cut my hair on new year's eve (i got an appointment quicker than i do at my local doctor's surgery!), that evening at the washington new year's eve party i had strangers coming up to me asking me where i got my hair cut and who my hairdresser was. that's the testament of a really great stylist...

also...the receptionists have always been smiley and friendly, and the prices are very reasonable considering halo is bang in the middle of town.

I' ve asked in the wedding group without success, so am posting here to see if anyone else can help! I need a hair stylist who is willing to come to my home and style my hair for my wedding. I don't want anything too fancy, and I'm not having a veil. I live in the High Green area. If anyone can recommend anyone I'd be grateful!